Anyone using these two amps????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesanomad100

Reaction score
A dual rec 3 channel for leads and crunch tones
and A Lonestar for cleans and breakup sounds

i may be intrested in buying a lonestar for this reason,better cleans

the again I could save my money,sell the dual rec and get a RKII v2,which has all this and then some!!!!!

RK2
One amp to carry,less cables stuff etc.
RK2 will give you what you are looking for :wink:

I'd say if money is the issue go RK2. I spent an hour with one and loved it. Do you have a hard time locating stuff like that in Scotland?

Of course you know you'll have to make it purple to match your sig!

clutch71 said:
I'd say if money is the issue go RK2. I spent an hour with one and loved it. Do you have a hard time locating stuff like that in Scotland?

Of course you know you'll have to make it purple to match your sig!

yeah very much so,scotland is rubbish with boogie gear,I have only found 2 stores which had the roadking series 1

there is only really the two main music stores over here,soundcontrol and guitarguitar,these are also about the only place which have like 1 dual rec

I pretty much wont even be able to get a series 2 over here,i would have to import one,a lonestar is no problem

but it would kinnda look odd with a purple suede recto but the recto is gettin flight cased soon so you wont be able to see the purple anyway

Im gonna go sometime next week and road test the lonstar!!!!!

big style 8) 8) 8)

They re hard to come across here too so don't feel bad! The lone stars are great for clean and I've heard of folks driving them with over drives, not a bad compromise and you do have the 3 ch to use. Could just channel switch.

Versatility isn't everything. An amp should be made for making one distinct sound good, and not to get every single guitar tone making the quality of each less. If you have the money get a Lonestar. If not, save and then get a Lonestar.

I agree with you sgtbaker in regards to the studio, but for portability, practicality, and sometimes affordability, the Mesa dual preamps (or quad with the VH4) four channel amplifiers are the way to go.

Dual heads sharing cabinets with an external switcher would work though, but more complicated.

True. And that is why the Roadking is a great head. But digital amps such as Line 6 and amps with like 6 channels are just awful.

sgtbaker said:
Versatility isn't everything. An amp should be made for making one distinct sound good, and not to get every single guitar tone making the quality of each less. If you have the money get a Lonestar. If not, save and then get a Lonestar.

Versatility is critical to a lot of people though. It would be great if every musician could buy tons of amps that were made to do one thing great like most of the great bands have.... but for local bands or people that play as a hobby that still want more than just one of two tones, a lonestar won't cut it. Now i'm not taking anything away from the Lonestar because its a killer amp, but it does what it does very well and thats it. The RK covers a lot of ground and IMO it covers most if not all of them extremely well. Another amp that is a small step up in versatility is the ENGL SE by having the full spectrum of guitar tones, plus a midi system with 128 programable patches. I wish these amps were more availible when i was still in a band because i would have ended up saving a lot of money.

you see the way I look at it is,for just rythem then the dual rec is awsome and I wouldnt get another amp to do this,for clean...it sucks(in my head I love really fendery stuff with a bit of compression etc).for leads it sucks so if I cant find the tones for both clean and lead from this amp I will try to keep it for the tones Im completly happy with but get something that will do leads and clean

I heard a band on friday who here just great(Im gonna say that they are mates)

The guitarist was using a lonestar for everything and it was just sonic bliss!!The cleans were the best I have ever heard.The sorta cleans I would like to have!!
The leads werent great but my favorite leads sounds are those from MK series(IIC+ and MKIV) so perhaps in some time I will get firstly a MKIV and switch between my recto anf MKIV and then get a Lonestar!!!!!
It would be a mega setup but one that I would be 100% happy with unless I found that the MKIV could do great cleans as well then the lonestar could be scored off

Yeah, I sometimes use two amps.

The Maverick how I use it is like two amps. I don't channel switch mid song. But, sometimes I slave into a smaller PTP Fender and kinda get that Blue Angel thing with 6v6 & EL84 tone going. Again sometimes I also use a AB box and use the Fender for that sound only.

The Fender sound is the sound of a small old Fender alitle over edge and a compressor pedal.

asattwanger said:
Yeah, I sometimes use two amps.

The Maverick how I use it is like two amps. I don't channel switch mid song. But, sometimes I slave into a smaller PTP Fender and kinda get that Blue Angel thing with 6v6 & EL84 tone going. Again sometimes I also use a AB box and use the Fender for that sound only.

The Fender sound is the sound of a small old Fender alitle over edge and a compressor pedal.

I was meaning specifically a dual rec and a lonestar

sorry, no.

i'm using a 2 channel dual rec or a soldano SLO100 (depending on my mood) for my dirty, and a vox AC30 for my clean/mild breakup.

:]

Latest posts

Back