Anyone using their Boogie with an Orange cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up an Orange PPC212E for my Mark III a few weeks ago because I needed a more portable cab since my EVM loaded halfback cab weighs a ton and is a PITA to move.

The cab sounds really good, mine has factory custom Emenince speakers which sound alot like V30's, maybe a bit smoother. It adds a nice warm crunch that the EVM's don't produce and still cuts very well in the mix. I'd say its very similar to the Mesa Recto 212, maybe even a bit nicer, though I've never compared them directly.

It does look a little strange though :lol: I may pick up a black tolex version to match the Mesa a bit better, maybe even the 412 someday

n51101435_31525411_8658.jpg
8)

I REALLY like the Orange sound - a Thunderverb 60 (or 200) through an Orange 4x12 with V30s in my opinion is pure tone bliss. That said, I tried an Orange 4x12 with V30s with my old mark iva and was totally disappointed. I only had about 15 minutes to play around, but in that time I wasn't able to find setting that sounded good. So before you buy one, try it with your head to see if you like it.

Yeah man i'm using my DC-5 in stereo with an Orange Rocker 30 and a PPC112. The V30 in the PPC sounds awesome mixed with the C90 in my DC-5!

Here's a couple of pics -

josh021sa5.jpg

josh018ec1.jpg

I retolexed the DC-5 to match cos I'm odd like that :lol:

Orange make great stuff. The Rocker 30 is a really nice amp and a great contrast to a 6L6 based amp like my DC-5.

Latest posts

Back