anyone using ED head with a 112?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudleydawson

Reaction score
looking for input as i plan the next move in my plot to take over the world.
i have a 112 3/4 back cab.... has anyone run their ED through one of these puppies? i'm wondering how it compares to the combo.
(i seem to remember seeing that one of y'all ED family members had a combo with a 3/4 back ext cab!)

i've been gung-ho combo - and for some reason - i tend to trust mesa's combos - if they say widebody cab with a large port on the back - i'm sure that is going to sound great! reviews seem to agree!

but the med. head has been speaking to me!

also - i have a sub plot to convert my F-30 combo to a head/cab (partial open back).
this would allow me to run the ED head with a V30 and a C90 cab... which i have liked in the past... but obviously haven't been able to experiment yet with the ED.

anyone? anyone?

i ran that set up, ED head into 112 3/4 open back, it sounded great. very big with the partial open back, although a tad bassy due to the large size of the cab and low end of the ED. i like V30's better with the ed, compliments it well.

I run that setup, the cab is loaded with a Sidewinder. Can't say much about it that isn't subjective but I tend to like that combo more than the normal four twelve half stack of V30s.

ok - to expand on this topic...

in my plot to take over the world - i had been planning on buying the combo, stacking in on top of my 3/4 back 112 and unleashing all kinds of musical terror on my quaint quiet little neighborhood.

now i'm thinking about an ED head and another 112 to form a nice little stack.

looking for suggestions on which cab to get to run with the 3/4 back! i'd like a bright marshall-esque sound - the 3/4 back is a very smooth and warm - so i'm thinking i may want to add some punch... any mesa cab is on the menu!

thoughts?

...also really hoping someone can give me an A/B comparison - combo vs head w/112 (any 112!)

thanks ED folk! can't wait to become one of you!

Latest posts

Back