Anyone Using a Compression Pedal With Their LSS or LSC?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Resonator

Reaction score
I'm still settling in with my LSS. I've been reading a lot of threads here and other forums about this amp. I'm almost sure I'm going to buy a compression pedal. It might be the only pedal I end up getting.

I'd like to hear from those of you that are using a compression pedal with your LSS or LSC.

1) What Compression Pedal are you using?

2) What is your reason for using Compression?

3) What other pedals are you using with the compression and why?

The Compression Pedal I keep reading about is the Keeley. It's a little steep at $220, but this amp sound so good, I sure don't want to cut corners on the stomp box.

By the way, I got a call from the store where I bought the LSS. They received a New LSC (with the 10 watt) and offered to let me take it home for a week for a side by side with the LSS. I can't imagine it could be better than the LSS, but maybe I should take them up on their offer. What do you think?

Thanks, Res

i recommend the emma transmorgrifier. i've used the keeley with a bunch of amps and it was good but limited in my opinion. i needed a compressor i could use under alot of different circumstances in the studio. the emma is like having a dbx160 in your pedalboard. in your dirty channel it can give you a clean boost, emphasize pick attack, or sustain for days and in the clean channel it can give you too many different sounds to go into. i really like it and i use it in my bass rig too.

so in short:
1. i use the emma.
2. i use it as a sustainer in the dirt and to fill out my cleans.
3. i use a fulltone ultimate octave and an re-issue ibanez chorus in line with it and i play through an LSS, ACE, F-30 and a 5:25 (but not at the same time).

I'm using the Keeley Commpressor on my pedal board pretty much for every thing. it's first in line and feeds into a Keeley Fuzz Head, Keeley modded tubeScreamer, Analogman clone chorus, Keeley modded Ibanez analog delay. I've got a A/B box and usually use just 2 amps. Amp choices are Fargen blackbird 6L6,Fargen Blackbird 6v6,"91 Boogie MKIV, Mesa Stiletto,Mesa F-30,THD Bi-Valve.... depends on where and what I'm playin

But back to the compressor. I'm just really satisfied with all the Keely stuff, the commpressor is a main stay and the 2 main reasons I use it are for clean stuff just to boost and fill it out a bit. and for the dirty it just drives what ever box I'm using better, and gives great sustain without getting muddy

I'm a huge fan of the Demeter Compulator, make sure you check that out too before making a decision.

I'm using the Barber tone press with my LSC 2x12. It has a blend knob that lets you mix the dry guitar signal with the compressed signal thus keeping the attack natural. So you can get extra sustain and better note definition. Or set it for classic vintage compression for some good ol' chicken picken country style or that squashed feel like those old "Rush" tunes on the clean chords by Alex. A clean sound through the compressor with my chorus and delay sound awesome. I also use OD pedals. It gives them more sustain and improved definition on complex chords. Wha pedals can be smoothed out by a comp by raising the floor vol. and lowering the peak vol. I pretty much leave mine on all the time. The barber tone press is probaly the most affordable of the hand built compressors available with true bypass. It costs $120.

Latest posts

Back