Anyone Trading in their Mini Rec's for the new Rectoverb 25?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulg2uk

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just wondered if anyone is gonna be trading in their mini rec's for the new rectoverb 25? or have done already? I was thinking about it but thought it might not be worth it? I'd be interested to know everyone's thought's?

Many thanks

Paul

You should get a Fender tube reverb unless you can sell your amp for good $$.

SteveO said:
Nah, I rarely use any reverb with Mini Me anyway, just a bit of delay.
Same. I use a bit of delay and don't even have a reverb pedal.

I am curious about the new Fillmore speaker, though, so if my local Mesa dealer gets any Fillmore-loaded cabs in I'll have to give one a test drive. If me likey, me buy. :mrgreen:

elvis said:
I did for the 1x12 combo, but not for the reverb.

I saw your review. Are you please you traded in the mini rec? You don't miss it at all compared to the rectoverb?

Well, I'm not going to miss the Mini Rec because I am keeping both.

I had been gigging with 2 MRs, one as a backup amp. Now I will gig with the RV25 with a MR as a backup amp. The amps are identical as far as I can tell.

The real question is how I will get along with the Fillmore, or more accurately, is there any speaker that will work in a 1x12 that will give me the recto tone I want. I have still not bonded with the Fillmore, but I am used to it, and would probably be OK gigging with it. More and more I think I will swap in a V30 just to see what happens.

Would I own a RV25 if I had to give up the MR? Not sure. I really like the MR through a 2x12 recto and a 4x10. But I could always run the RV25 through them as well. Just a bit more to carry.

I do know that I will like carrying the surprisingly light RV25 to gigs.

I managed to sell my mini rec today finally and I'm gonna be ordering a rectoverb head next week. I see the combo has landed in the UK. Is anyone over here in the UK gonna be buying one? or bought one yet? I'm interested to to hear what people think of it.

Hey guys,

First post here, and gonna ask a question for which I searched and did not find a specific answer.

I'm looking at the mini rec or the new rectoverb 25 head and I would like to know if did anyone gig with it in a hard rock\grunge band in the likes of alter bridge\sevendust\foo fighters\alice in chains (yeah I know these bands are nothing alike and some might consider sacrilege having alice in chains in the same sentence as the others but it's just to get a few bands up for which our sound applies) and so on.

I have a peavey 3120 and an evh 5150iii 50w, and the fact that the mini or the rec 25 are so light to carry around are making me GAS like never before, and so I'm considering one of those for a rehearsal /gig situation on which the other 2 don't apply or are harder to transport.

Anyone with a band with those styles that use it? I read a lot about the clean headroom and so on, and references to not being able to use it in a metal band, but the answers seem a little generic in style so here I am to bother you guys :wink:

I'm referring to an unmicked situation and with a 2x12 with v30's .

I'm talking mainly on rehearsal, although some bars here in Portugal do not own a PA and we do not have 2 of'em to support house PA and stage PA otherwise with a PA support there would be no issues being heard.

best regards

I've gotten some really good hard rock tones from my Mini Rec into a recto 2x12 cab. I was also impressed with the hard rock tone in the Mesa RV25 video - sounds quite like Alter Bridge. The amp is voiced to be quite versatile. Add a pedal and you can cover a LOT of territory. I use a BB Preamp to get a more smooth Mark-ish tone, and I tried one of the new Carl Martin Plexi pedals through a RV25 clean channel and it was awesome.

I have gigged with the MR for half a year and am about to start gigging with a RV25. Classic rock, dance, R&B, hair metal, modern rock, Blues. It sounds great for all of it.

Thanks for the info Elvis. I am in the market for a Mini Rectifier, and your info on the Mini Rectoverb has been helpful. I was thinking of stepping up to the ROV, but I think the standard Mini Recto head will do fine for what I need.

It's the identical amp but with reverb. The only reason to trade would be to get the combo, which is appealing if you need a combo. Otherwise, my Arena lives in the loop of my Mini, and I have LOTS of great verb choices for my cleans and even a few that work great with lots of gain.

Like Joe, I am interested in the new speaker. And, if I were starting from scratch, I'd probably get the RV25, but I definitely wouldn't sell the mini at a loss just to buy it. UNLESS I had to have a combo for some reason.

That said, the new RV25 is certainly better looking. Very nice looking in head or combo form.

One other thing to know is that the RV25 chassis is a lot bigger than the MR. The combo is reasonably sized and quite light, but the MR is WAY smaller.

The RV25 combo DEFINITELY has a tone determined by the cabinet. I have now tried it with both the Fillmore and a V30 and the tone is pretty much the same, with subtle differences.

I LOVE the combo size and weight. I am struggling a bit with the tone of the cabinet. To be honest, I expected that to be the case, since I have never found a 1x12 that I like with the MR. Interestingly, I expected the cabinet to be missing low-end and tend toward high mids or ice-pick highs. It is just the opposite: TONS of low end with muddy mids and highs.

IMPORTANT NOTE: At high volume it sounds GREAT. All the muddiness goes away and the balance is outstanding. But I just can't run it that loud, even at gigs. Either way, make sure you try it both at volume levels you will likely use and at high volume.

Latest posts

Back