Anyone got their hands on a Mark V 35 yet?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting for my combo over here in the UK. I don't think I'll get it in time for Xmas now but it will be worth the wait.

It should arrive around 15 January 2016; someone who has it already ' and can' give an opinion about combo ?

Has anyone ordered it with the Fillmore? I've always liked the EVM12L with my Mark3 and 295 in an open back and Thiele back in the day... but very heavy... Celestions don't really do it for me...sorry...

Since i would like to keep the 35 light as it is, maybe the Fillmore will give me a sound not so midrange heavy like Celestions without going to the weight of the EVM12L.... The Recto 25 sounds pretty good with the Fillmore...

thanks for reading... :)

I have my MarkV35 combo sitting on top of a Theile with the Fillmore 75. It definitely sounds better running through both speaker cabs. I think the Fillmore would be a good choice loaded in the combo. I'm really liking that speaker.

jmontgomery said:
I have my MarkV35 combo sitting on top of a Theile with the Fillmore 75. It definitely sounds better running through both speaker cabs. I think the Fillmore would be a good choice loaded in the combo. I'm really liking that speaker.
I am torn between combo or head version! do you think that the combo has a great sound even without additional cab? It was not so ' would be better version head with addition of 1x12 or 2x12 cab?

Megadeth79 said:
jmontgomery said:
I am torn between combo or head version! do you think that the combo has a great sound even without additional cab? It was not so ' would be better version head with addition of 1x12 or 2x12 cab?

I think it sounds great on it's own. I play mostly clean, light OD and a good classic rock type crunch. I think it even sounds good with the gain cranked up but if I played mostly metal I'd probably go with a head/cab setup just for the closed back options.

jmontgomery said:
Megadeth79 said:
jmontgomery said:

I think it sounds great on it's own. I play mostly clean, light OD and a good classic rock type crunch. I think it even sounds good with the gain cranked up but if I played mostly metal I'd probably go with a head/cab setup just for the closed back options.
not only metal!!! i want to play rock blues, hard rock and eventually heavy metal , do you think i must go with the head?

For heavy metal a closed back cab like the wide body or the 2x12 vertical rectifier. The combo sounds great at high gain but most metal guys like focused tone of the closed back cabs.

Hey Elvis, was it a dealer that had a V30/Thiele? I'd be really interested to try one of those out with my V25! I've only seen C90/Thiele cabs in person and even in the sale ads from stores. Haven't even seen that combination for sale, although I figured you could special order one. Interesting...

My local dealer is ordering all Thiele cabs with V30. I think they sound great. C90 is better for adding tons of lows, but the V30 sounds better overall I think.

I have a widebody closed back cab 1x12 with V30. That sounds killer as well, and gives more bottom than the Thiele. When I had a MV25 I played that through the v30 widebody with the cab on its side for a bit of a stack look. Pretty cool.

jmontgomery said:

Thanks for the reply.... If you get a chance, and realizing that everybody's ears are "different", do you mind giving your opinion as to the sound your getting from the Filmore compared to the Celestion. I don't play metal anymore, just hard rock influenced sounds, some jazz/funk/fusion stuff, then tangos...bla bla bla... so in very general terms, I'm looking for a sound that doesn't over accentuate any particular frequency, whether low, mid or highs, if that makes any sense...lol. i realize that is subjective. Just a good balance... that way I can dial in and out particular frequencies, boost the bass on the eq to get a bit more "thump" for rock stuff, roll off the bass and add bit more mid for "jazz" sounding stuff....anyways kinda just rambling now..lol

Thanks! peace... :)

elvis said:
I have a widebody closed back cab 1x12 with V30. That sounds killer as well, and gives more bottom than the Thiele. When I had a MV25 I played that through the v30 widebody with the cab on its side for a bit of a stack look. Pretty cool.

That is what I decided to go with in the end.

I already had a Spawn 2x12 and really wanted a lightweight 1x12 that would look good with the 25, but also needed to be loud and cut through the mix which was what steered me towards the vintage 30.

I went with this one here. Love the fact that it has the boogie logo. Plus the cab itself is slightly bigger then the other 1x12 and front ported.

Size wise it works for the V25, the V35 AND the V90

http://www.gelbmusic.com/p-1070-mesa-0txfbb-w-compact-widebody-closed-back-1x12-guitar-speaker-cabinst.aspx

Just got my 1x12 V:35 yesterday... couldn't wait to get home and tear the box apart. It will take some time to dial in the exact sound I need for my band, but on initial plug in and power up this thing is a beast! Played for about 3 hours just changing settings/channels/power ranges and it was all usable. I'm impressed to say the least. Will post more once I get some quality time dialing with the whole band. Also thinking of adding the Thiele 1x12 cab under it...

I just got word over here in the UK. My 35 combo has come into stock. I've just paid the remanding balance so it should get to me in the next couple of days. Merry Xmas to me lol

Dreamtheaterrules said:
Congrats! We'll need a full report!

I will don't worry. It's coming into the guitar store today and I should get it tomorrow. Well hopefully anyway lol

I just picked up the Mark V:35 head. So far I love it! It's replacing a 5:50 express 1x12 combo and a 5:25 express plus head- downsizing a bit. It's definitely better than those amps, although I wish it had foot switchable reverb and reverb controls on the front. Nevertheless it sounds great! I have it running through a Dr Z 2x12 cabinet. I was using the built in cab clone to record today and that worked out really well. Love it!

Back