Anyone experience tone "suckage" with MK-IV and M13?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phrygiandom

Reaction score
I recently bought an M13 pedalboard for use with a small recording amp. Last night I hooked it up to the Mark-IV using the 4-cable method and the M13 appeared to have completely sucked the heart out of channels two and three. Has anyone else experienced this?

I tried some obvious stuff like changing from True to DSP bypass, but it didn't help.

Anyone had experience with this? Any advice?

I have the same setup, I didn't hear any tone suck with Mark 4/M13 connected via 4 cable method. What I did was patched effects 3 and 4 in the loop of the mark 4 (mainly modulations and reverb), effects 1 and 2 in front of the amp (compressor and overdrive). I thought it worked great. I was able to place compressors in front of the amp, use the preamp's distortion, and the verb's in the loop of the mark 4 thereafter.

I set up the M13's loop post effects 2, so that effects 3 and 4 would be inserted in the loop of the mark 4, effects 1 and 2 in front of the amp. May I suggest you try this if you haven't done so.

How did you set up your M13 with the Mark 4?

Hope it works for you. I really like the M13. Quick setup and breakdown during gigs, I don't use the boogie to play out, too heavy for weekly gigs. I just keep the tube tone in perspective, since it's a band context and am not really looking to revolutionize guitar sound, M13 does fulfills its purpose.

Back