anyone else..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonge

Reaction score
..dreading the fact that they have to watch some of their nicest amps leave their lives due to finnacial set backs? I am. Who better to share it with than the people who love these amps most? I have held onto the old stuff but I am still a fan of the new amps too. I will be in the market for another stiletto in the spring hopefully. :(

You're not the only one. I dread the fact that some of my stuff may have to be sacrificed, but hopefully it won't. I'll sell my kids off though before my ESP leaves me, again. I can part with the Stiletto, but the guitar has a lot of sentimental value to me, so i would hate to part ways with it. i'd also like to think that the way the economy is going, if I do have to sell anything, no one else could afford it either with everyone tightening their belts. Maybe that is a good thing?

I refuse to ever sell any equipment, I know I'd regret it just by reading the posts of people that did the same here. I have a Rectoverb I'd consider selling, but only to replace it with a head.

Absolutely. I am about to sell my beloved Trem-O-Verb with a flight case and 4x12 cab because of major financial setbacks. It is hard being a poor musician!

Very sorry about your loss, guys ... to lose your gear when you need it most for income & musical consolation is a real heartbreaker.

Steve P said:
Very sorry about your loss, guys ... to lose your gear when you need it most for income & musical consolation is a real heartbreaker.

Ditto on that....I certainly hope for better things ahead

things will bounce back... it definitely sucks but in capitalism you have to go through times like this especially after the kind of financial boom and the bubbles it created in the past decade. when you have 75 year old policies and practices in the type of modern global community we live in restructuring is a must and the only time people are willing to change is when they have to. hopefully it wont last too long and the people in power see this as an opportunity to build a sound economy through industries like clean US produced energy and responsible services.

Yeah, I have my RKII up for sale to pay for some unexpected house repairs. But it looks like I'm going to be able to sell enough other toys to cover keeping my RKII (thank god). just need to be careful in this tight economy

jdurso said:
things will bounce back... it definitely sucks but in capitalism you have to go through times like this especially after the kind of financial boom and the bubbles it created in the past decade. when you have 75 year old policies and practices in the type of modern global community we live in restructuring is a must and the only time people are willing to change is when they have to. hopefully it wont last too long and the people in power see this as an opportunity to build a sound economy through industries like clean US produced energy and responsible services.
Amen to that. It might take a while, but there's a lot of work to be done, if the right decisions can be made to make it happen. I'm actually optimistic about that, for the first time in a long time.

Living in Canada, we've so far been lucky and while there have been financial setbacks, we seem to be faring better than many other economies. Sure my investments are swirling in the toilet but i'm decades away from retirement so i'm not too worried.

I've always been a firm believer in living below ones means so i'm confident that unless things really take a nosedive i should be OK in the long run. I'll be keeping my toys and maybe picking up a few new ones on the cheap.

Sorry to hear about those of you who have to get rid of some though, that's never a fun choice. I feel for ya.

djw said:
Amen to that. It might take a while, but there's a lot of work to be done, if the right decisions can be made to make it happen. I'm actually optimistic about that, for the first time in a long time.

Yeah i hear you man... I work for the 6th largest homebuilder in the US and I'm still optimistic. The US (and some parts of the world) got completely drunk on the fortunes of the past decade and managed to over excede their wallets in the dumbest ways. The stock market is what it is but its the idiots (lenders, consumers and producers) who thought it was a great idea to buy into a society of no money down McMansions, 5MPG Hummers and $20 burgers are the real ones to blame. Everyone is to blame... consumers need to learn credit cards and equity lones do not equal cash, lenders need to learn responsible lending and producers need to learn how to analyze and recognize false demand and market bubbles. Its sad that in 15 years we've managed to totally break every law of supply and demand economics.

It doesnt help when both the clinton and bush administrations kept introducing bills to stimulate the economy when it was basically just delaying and worsening the inevitable... hopefully Obama can learn from the mistakes and start re-introducing regulations and stricter standards. But first and foremost consumers need to learn how to spend money responsibly and that doesnt mean living frugal or cheap... live within your means and be happy.

MF said:
Living in Canada, we've so far been lucky and while there have been financial setbacks, we seem to be faring better than many other economies. Sure my investments are swirling in the toilet but i'm decades away from retirement so i'm not too worried.

I've always been a firm believer in living below ones means so i'm confident that unless things really take a nosedive i should be OK in the long run. I'll be keeping my toys and maybe picking up a few new ones on the cheap.

Sorry to hear about those of you who have to get rid of some though, that's never a fun choice. I feel for ya.

Yup. I have been able to buy back a few amps I sold in the past.

I hope the US economy continues to tank. I'll have a dumble before long by the looks of things

Rocky said:
Yup. I have been able to buy back a few amps I sold in the past.

I hope the US economy continues to tank. I'll have a dumble before long by the looks of things
Well... I'd rather things pick back up for our 'Murcan cuzzins... but I just wish the exchange rate was back where it was this time last year, as the apparent bargains from the States really ain't with the Cdn$ so %*)$&# low these days!! :x :(

trust me if one of the big 3 goes under Canada will start feeling the squeeze. Also two of my friends that work for 2 military contracters (one builds ships the other helicopters) are saying they have cut about 60% of their projects which directly effects the Canadian workforce because while we design them and do final assembly, Canada does most of the assembly. Most of the US's steel comes from Canada and if we're not building ships, planes, choppers and cars Canada will feel the hurt. To be honest with you i hope that doesnt happen because Canadian steel is far superior to the **** China puts out and I rather strengthen the Canadian economy then the Asain market. It has nothing to do with Asians but the standards of their industries and the way they treat their workers.

Back