anybody else have a wreck of a guitar rig?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatoni

Reaction score
trying to keep everything plugged in and organized at the same time is a disaster. from the time my guitar signal runs through my g-system, ocd, mkiv, back through the g, then to my loop pedal and back into my amp there are miles of cables running everywhere and then i gotta figure out how to plug it all in.... :cry:

I suggest snaking any cables that you can and labeling/marking ends. That helped me alot.

Also, if you gig, keep a head lamp in your rig. extremely useful in dark clubs when peering behind your rig. I hate trouble shooting for the lack of any signal, only to find one cable was plugged in a 1/2 inch to the left of where it should have been.

I am running a similar setup that was driving me crazy at gigs.

Guitar>wah>OD9>processor>effects loop send>markIV preamp>amp effects loop send>processor effects loop return>processor output>Looper>amp effects loop return>markIV poweramp>speakers

hahaha, just look at that! jeez. Unfortunately it is the only way to get the effects where I want in the chain, and not have amp channel switching affect my loops.

decent cables are a must. who wants to play "wheres the dud" with that kind of setup?!?! It will also help with noise and tone.

Also, keeping the length of cable as short as is functional seems to be of common opinion.

Finally, run cables away from any power to help with noise

I recently put my midi processor controller, mark IV FU-3, Wah, OD9, and looper all on a pedal train board. Made everything much easier.

Two 1/4 cables (input/export between looper and processor ) and my midi cable (processor) are all snaked (thats where the labeled end help).

no spendy snake is neccessary, i just used the velcro ties that came with my monster cables.

All I have to do is lift out the pedal train, plug in the 1/4 inch from guitar to wah, and the 1/4 inch which runs from my OD9 to my processor input. Then run the snake back to my rig and plug in. Oh yeah, there are two small cables which tie my processor into the amp and vice versa.

My voodoo PP2 powers everything on my board, so power is a one stop shop.

Its actually pretty quick to set up now. Less than 10 minutes for sure.

louisfenderclose.jpg

burnttelefar.jpg

Latest posts

Back