Any Rectifier Recording owners who can advise me?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mechanevil

Reaction score
I have a Mesa Rectifier Stereo 2:100 and was thinking of getting a Rectifier Recording preamp to pair with it.

Not a lot of good videos or information out there about these. Would I be better off getting a dual or triple rectifier?

I had one, it worked fine. The problem is without a Mesa poweramp it's hard to get high gain to sound like a Recto, and with one then you're into rack hell. Racks suck. Never build a rack. My advice if you want a Recto is sell the 2:100 and buy a MWDR.

I have both and to me it sounds great. They were based in the Rev G models. I also have other rectifier heads as well. Such as a 92 Rev F, 94 Tremoverb and a Road King

Attachments

• IMG_8673.jpeg
    IMG_8673.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 0
I experienced rack hell once - but it wasn't Mesa's fault - it was Fractal Audio's fault. I spent so much time and so much money trying to find that promised land. A Rec Pre and a 20/20 should rock just fine. How complex you want to make your setup is up to you my friend. The quest for tone is a journey... enjoy it!

Latest posts

Back