any michael schenker fans here?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesterpaul

Reaction score
-just saw/read info regarding his latest tour-tons of people saying he is too drunk/stoned to even pull off riffs..wandering around aimlessly on stage-saw some crap on youtube...i will not post here...too **** sad....dude needs serious help if it is all true...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=77771

hahaha he is coming to my little city here in scotland (dunfermline if anyone is interested)

after reading this I dont think I will shell out the £50($100) to see him but one of the support bands are well good the are called Logan and have toured with Alter Bridge

hmmm

I saw that youtube video, and at first it made me sad. Then I got to thinking........... They were the same thoughts I had when I saw Eddie during the Van Halen Reunion tour in '04. Twice actually. At first I was really let down seeing my childhood idols deteriorate into the addiction induced stupor that made them sound pretty much like every wannabee kid cranking out aimless noisy bullshit on some guitar center showroom and I was truly disgusted. Then I thought about it a little more.................

I've read a ton of thread topics on so many forums about the lack of respect for "Real" music and "Real" musicianship in the world today whether it be in a nightclub, or a stadium, and I will confess that I myself have vented in this format more than a few times myself. So I guess my question is this:

What could it possibly like to be a "Musical Legend" with the "Genius" of the aforementioned players and have to deal with the incredibly blasphemous comparisons, ideals, and general public attitude in today's music business? I'm no anarchist, but America's Capitalistic takeover years ago of the entertainment and arts has generated a stew far more foul than mediocrity!

In short, I realized that if I was one of the greats of old, that wasn't immortalized because I messed up and died early thus giving the corporate monster an opportunity to eternalize my accomplishments for profit, I'd probably be even more of a mess than I am now too.

I guess the moral of this rather long winded post is that, the next time I see something like this, I'll take everything into consideration before I pass judgement. Otherwise, I might as well log onto Youtube and flame every incredible music video I see like so many other of the "Paris Hilton Wannabee generation seems to do these days! :wink:

THIS EXPLAINS WHAT HAPPENED DURING THE TOUR AND WHY HE WAS DRUNK. http://rbaraki.com/notice2-e.htm

They all knew the consequencies when they started.They did what they wanted to do so I don't care.
I don't like drugs,that's my choice,I take the consequencies of my choices.
If I were a millionaire I would prefer spending my money helping people than taking drugs.
They are idiots self centereds.
Yes it's a disease but they choose having it.Shame on them.
I don't judge them,I hope they'll get better but I don't feel any pity. Because of them I heard a thousand times the famous phrase =
MUSICIANS ARE DRUGGED VAGABONDS !!! :evil:
Shame on them :evil:

jay said:
THIS EXPLAINS WHAT HAPPENED DURING THE TOUR AND WHY HE WAS DRUNK. http://rbaraki.com/notice2-e.htm

What a sad story. I saw him on stage lately...um, no, may be a year already...not sure. I was on the stage before the show started, I was shocked to see how "simple' is his setting, and as a result, the guitar sound is hardly impressive... and so as his playing... He used to be one of my guitar hero, but what I heard was something making me sad...

Latest posts

Back