Any maverick's "Somebody throw me a bone here please!)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LesCarr

Reaction score
:?: I'm considering a used Maverick 2x12 dual recto due to the fact that my my pocket book isn't deep enough for a new Lonestar Special. I played it a GC and enjoyed it almost as much as the LSS. 8)
Sound way diferent from my MkIIb
I selling my cybertwin :lol:

What's the question?

LesCarr said:
:?: I'm considering a used Maverick 2x12 dual recto due to the fact that my my pocket book isn't deep enough for a new Lonestar Special. I played it a GC and enjoyed it almost as much as the LSS. 8)
Sound way diferent from my MkIIb
I selling my cybertwin :lol:

do you play through one?
what do you feel about the tone qualities of this amp and what musical styles do you play through your Maverick
i know that this is a class A Amplifier which is clean sounding but not too clean to my ear " I'm not very technical as you you can see" :oops:

Les, my buddy who works at GC plays thru a 1-12 Maverick that's about 15 years old (he claims). It has never once let him down and it looks like 2 dogs had a fight over some meat hanging off it. He plays and has played everything from Grateful Dead, metal (he can shred) to his latest gig which is drop whatever tuning. He looked at me the other day and said he's bummed becuase he enjoys his setup so much that he has no reason to buy any gear. 8) Don't know if this answers any questions but at least one true Mesa guy thinks the world of the Maverick.

Also, as far as the Class A thing. I played a Crate V32 Palomino for awhile and it had better breakup than the F-50, so I wouldn't get too caught up in the Class A - A/B thing....There is a HUGE range of tones within every tube configuration with the Pre-amp section providing much
of the amps tonal quality.

LesCarr said:
do you play through one?
what do you feel about the tone qualities of this amp and what musical styles do you play through your Maverick
i know that this is a class A Amplifier which is clean sounding but not too clean to my ear " I'm not very technical as you you can see" :oops:

I've had a Mav for a couple of years now. Great sounding amp I haven't played through anything since to make me wanna sell it. Sounds different to your Mark IIb? **** straight! Nothing in the mesa line sounds like a Mav in fact nothing from anyone sounds like the Mav. Chiming but full bodied, warm clean to some of the fattest od out there. But the best thing about the amp is watching other people try and dial out the mids. Mission impossible. :wink:

Latest posts

Back