Any ideas on the $$$ for a custom Mark V shell?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean106ESP

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am going to buy a shell for my Mark V as you may know it took a side dive off a 4X12 cabinet right before a gig. Luckily it played no problems.

I got a response from Boogie and going to talk after the new year.

Debating getting a custom one like on their site just afraid I am psyching myself up for nothing. Meaning I can't afford it. Anyone have one made (not a Mark V with the custom shell but replaced one)?

I wonder if they make one without the Reverb tank. My Reverb works fine.

Can you share how much one would cost?

I am digging these combinations so far.
2-mvm-BW-008.jpg

1-mv1-W5W+_004.jpg

(My fav but afraid to ask how much it will cost :oops: :oops: )

http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery/images/2-mvm-W5W_011.jpg

Show some pix if you could! :)

I'm not sure but I think a stock headshell with the reverb tank is $350. Should be a little cheaper without the tank. If you look in the "modern amps" forum you'll find a thread on pro net pricing. It'll list a price of options that'll give you an idea on the total price for a custom shell. When I ordered my custom cab for my LSS it came out a little cheaper than I had figured.

Stick with the black tolex and wicker grille. The hardwood prices will hurt your feelings.

DSC03971-1.jpg

DSC03468.jpg

The cabs in the pics are from Boogie. AAA flamed maple hardwood with amber stain and wicker grille. The head cab was bought with fan and reverb tank. The thiele cabs were bought unloaded (minus speaker). I can send you a copy of the invoice via PM, but I will tell you that I've paid much less for good running cars. :lol:

Thanks guys. I figured I would be dreaming of the old 80's (IMO) look of the wood with wicker grill. I'll just stick with the black and wicker I guess. :)

jmontgomery said:
Very nice. I feel a bit jealous.

Thanks! When I get it all together I will post the pron!

Just I will have to be careful with it as I take it to practice every week and the original shell is pretty banged up aside from the crack.

DaveP said:
jb's 52 said:
That's gonna look good!

Do you have pics of the beaten up head?

randy-travis_zpsba44362e.jpg

Lol

Here it is.Right before a gig I stupidly was wheeling on top of my Diezel 4X12. It was a hard hard floor and I hit a cable or something. Took a dive off the side and cracked the top left corner. Still played the gig fine though,

4A3A6C85-8E01-4DD4-B430-E6930AE2F976-2734-0000022EDE3A16C2.jpg

Latest posts

Back