Any Heartbreaker Users??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwayne

Reaction score
Hey guys. Been lurking here awhile with little posting.

I recently picked up a Heartbreaker 2-12 combo and I just love this amp. I've tried it with both 6L6's and EL-34's and the EL-34's just smoke in this thing. I originally bought it thinking I would use the Love (U.S. voice) side for clean stuff and the Lust (British) for leads. Man, was I wrong. The Lust in clean mode sounds fantastic. Great chime and complexity to the tone. Switch to Love in the Boost mode and it has the trademark Boogie singing lead tone that slowly creeps into beautiful, controllable feedback. It's kind of a "two trick" pony, but what tricks they are!! :p

Yes, it's heavy and HELL yes it's loud, but the designers came up with a real winner in my book. The Heartbreakers seem to be the red-headed stepchildren of the Mesa line. I guess they didn't sell well and that's why they quit making them. Anybody else here diggin' the Heartbreaker?

I have one head and a combo, the head I use it with a 4x12 straight cab, currently I'm playing with a EBMM Sillohuete Special and the tone is incredible in the Love channel with some gain, I was having problems at the beginning to get a good tone but I read somewere that is more for a blues type, after that I just found the tone and is incredible, I was thinking to sell it but now I will not, these amps are a jem, still my favorite on the mesa/boogie family is the Maverick 4x10, the only good thing about these amps (both) being discontinued is that I was able to get an incredible price for all 3 of those, still I would perffer that they have not been discontinued :cry:

I have had one for 6 years now and I love it. I just got the final touches for my pedal board and I have never been happier with my tone.

I have yet to find anything the my HB cant do. Now if I can just teach it to jump into the truck by its self :?

Latest posts

Back