Angels & Airwaves Guitar Effect

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allcountyfair

Reaction score
does anyone know what effect Tom uses in Angels & Airwaves' song "The Adventure?" The riff that im talking about comes in at 0:24 seconds and it sounds like its palm muted with an effect on it. On the live version of the song, it comes in at 0:54.

* going from memory* it sounds like clean guitar > compressor> delay/echo > chorus > another delay/echo

kylek said:
* going from memory* it sounds like clean guitar > compressor> delay/echo > chorus > another delay/echo

Just listened, I agree, clean guitar into chorus/delay.

I listened as well just now and would agree completely also. Sounds like Chorus/delay with possibility of compressor depending on his EQ's

First, go listen to U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name" -- that's the guitar sound most directly immitated throughout AVA. I happen to love it, but what you want to do is read up on how the Edge gets his delay sounds.

The Streets sound is stereo delays -- one slow one around 420ms or more, and a short 50-70ms delay. On the AVA tune you're also hearing some stereo panning probably done at mix time.

I love that record! Reminds me of my band :p
http://www.myspace.com/daysbeforetomorrow

Though I don't go for emulating Edge's sound to the same extent.

Scott

Latest posts

Back