Amps are like girlfriends...........

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Amps are like girlfriends, you never loose one, you just loose your turn. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been banging my head against the wall with my LSS. I really love the Clean tones, but think the Distortion tones are too tubby and the delay in Reverb when channel switching is driving me nuts.

I don't want to have to use a pedal in front of it either to get the distortion sounds I like. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a Master Volume amp with 2 channels.

Last night, I emailed the guy who eventually ended up with my old DC-5.

What do you know, it was for sale. I swooped in and took it, and now the LSS is on the market.

I can live with not so great Reverb to get the tones I want and not have to use pedals.

Life is funny. I sold the DC to the guitar teacher at the local college. He sold it to the guitar teacher at a local high school, who sold it back to me.

The high school teacher sold his LSS to the college teacher, who traded it to me for my LSC.

Reminds me of this girl............. :lol:

gts said:
So who's in bed with who :lol: right now? :shock:
That was my question too :lol:

... you guys are girlfriend swappers, that's all I can say. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Small town USA! There are only so many women and most of them are fairly loose. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had to find someone who wasn't from here and didn't know any of my friends. :lol:

Sometimes..............after moving from the old girl to the new girl....you long for the old girl. So you go for it...you drop the new for the nostalgic old.

After a few laps you remember why you traded up the old girl in the first place.

... what about the polygamy route?
capt.c144bb6c24df40acbb8806af99969cd0.aptopix_polygamist_retreat_txeg102.jpg

Most of us just can't have one guitar amp! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I would much rather have many amps than many women. Everytime I lived in a house with more than 1 woman, they all got the monthly friend at the same time. Freaking misserable. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Glad my amp is black then. :lol: :lol: :lol: Although I do have a grey one!

Can't wait till tonight. Tuesday is the one night a week that I actually get to play my guitar. We have 2 small boys (got them both Strats!) and a new baby, so guitar time is short these days.

I'm gonna try the DC with 6V6's and give it a thorough workout. :D

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:15 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AustinK wrote:

When the river flows red, take the dirt road

Thats's just plain disgusting....

that's just my type of humor :lol:

Amps are like girlfriends... If you get rid of one, there are many more to choose from.

Unless you live in a small town like Monsta-Tone... Then you may have to mail order a new one.

I think it's all relative.....anyways....I'm waiting for the girl monsta-tone tossed off to get with his old girl.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She's getting a new coat of tolex this morning. The cab had been dropped and was pretty messed up. I pulled it all apart and glued & screwed it back together.

I'll post some pics this afternoon.

Latest posts

Back