AMPLESS.......

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lasky,

You were suppose to get it in this Wednesday. Where is the update that's following???

OK- here goes....Ultra arrived wednesday evening- cycled briefly through the presets, and said- "OK...I get it..."
I have a couple more days with it- still learning the OS, havent really built any patches yet- just switching out amps and setting up effects....
The AXE FX is for real. I am really, really impressed so far- and thats with headphones through a ZOOM HD16 recorder. The effects alone are worth the price of admission. Its like having 2 timefactors, 3 modfactors, 2 pitchfactors, plus 20+ dirt boxes and as many comps as you would ever need. And a guitar synth. And a Vocoder. Oh yeah- it has amp models too. Amp models that feel like real amps when you play, and dont have "the stuff" that a L6/Boss/Vox/Digitech/plug in have- you know...fizzy bogus high end.....
I dont know if I would say it can do what the Dyne did- but it certainly can do a whole lot more....I dont want the honey moon to color my opinion too much- so I willl leave it at that, but I will say one last thing- there are some presets in this box named after songs that are DEADRINGERS for the actual recordings.....I need to get a MIDI pedal to control this beast, then a FRFR powered speaker......news to follow.....

Super nice sounding clips primal!!

Thanks alot guys.....now you have me GASsing for an Axe FX Ultra! It sure sounds good to me from what I am hearing. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back