Amp Suggestions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G.I.G.

Reaction score
A friend of mine is looking to spend about $700 on an amp. He already has a Peavey JSX head and two Peavey 4x12 cabs, one with V30's. He's looking to get an amp that he can play at home without having to crank it to get a good sound, but still be able to play in a band setting with it (maybe a 50 watter). He's open to a head or a combo, and new or used. He plays mostly rock like VH or Foo Fighters type stuff but some blues stuff every once in a while.

Now, being a Mesa guy, I suggested he look into a used Mesa (like maybe a Rect-O-Verb) but I was curious what some of you guys would suggest. Any other good Mesa products that might fit the bill or perhaps another brand? He's pretty open to suggestions so I figured I would throw it out there for discussion.

Any ideas???

Yeah scrap the recto-verb idead, and buy tele_jas tremoverb combo of him.
That would be one kick *** amp that will cover what you want, the peavy won't compare :twisted:

Michael

Michael said:
buy tele_jas tremoverb combo of him.

Not a bad idea...How much would tele_jas be willing to part with his Trem-O-Verb for? I saw the eBay posting for tele_jas's Tverb and sent it to my friend. He might be interested...

I've never played a Tverb but I've heard they are sweet!

Hey, thanks Michael for working my stuff for me :) !! I read the first post and was about to recommend a different amp, but heck, you've already jumped on the T-verb idea, Thanks!

As far as my T-verb combo, the least I could let it go for is probably $1150 shipped or $1075 if picked up (that goes for all Boogie board members), and that could be paypal or money order/chashiers check. But you'll have to let me know before bidding so I can change the BIN or even work something else out.

Thanks again, Michael!! And good luck to your buddy, G.I.G., hope he finds the right amp.

That's a good suggestion Koprofag. I have played an F-30 and it sounded increadible for it's size! Do you think an F-30 would work in a band setting though?

I use my 50-watt ROV for home use. I have to turn it up a little louder than bedroom levels to get the sound I want, but not so loud that I'm pissing off the neighbors. I've also played live with it and it could hang just fine. I looked into buying an F-30 a while ago and sometimes wish I did. They're great little amps.

F30
DC2 or 3. Used, these are reasonably priced, and saturate nicely..
Volume difference between 50 and 100 watts is minimal, 20-30 watts is great for home use, and EL84's break up really well...
ax. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back