Amp Question!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MysticTriad

Reaction score
Hey everyone, was just wondering anyone here has tried out an ENGL Fireball before. I am in the market for an amp right now, and that one seems to be getting crazy reviews. Does anyone know what type of sounds can be achieved with that amp? I am looking for a semi versatile amp that can possibly give me similar tones to (Scorpions, Tool "Lateralus Era", Dream Theater, Van Halen) I have never heard one of these amps before, but ive seen that Paul gilbert uses them, as does Ritchie Blackmore, and countless other artists. Also tell me about other amps that you can recommend for me to check out aside from Mesa "Cause i have already researched them". My Price Range is from $1200 - $1500 (Note: I am looking for a head) Perhaps Laney? Enlighten Me People! haha

Well, if you're looking for a great Tool sound, go for the Dual Rectifier. That's the amp Adam Jones uses. You could get one for around 1200 on ebay.

He uses Diezel VH4 amps now, the rectifiers were used, but thats not the tone i want. Also he used this old marshall, cant remember which one.

MysticTriad said:
He uses Diezel VH4 amps now, the rectifiers were used, but thats not the tone i want. Also he used this old marshall, cant remember which one.

He actually blends all 3.. a dual (sometimes triple) rec, a diesel vh4 and a marshall super bass.

It's def easy to nail most tool tones with a dual rectifier, I play tons of tool tracks with mine and it's pretty flawless. just figured out the guitar for 'the pot' today actually :p

Well if you listen to Lateralus, the clarity and defintion of his notes I think are coming out of the Diezel more. But i dont know, anyway, thats what im looking for in an amp, calirty, defintion, and while heavy as all hell, i want it to sound natural.

MysticTriad said:
Well if you listen to Lateralus, the clarity and defintion of his notes I think are coming out of the Diezel more. But i dont know, anyway, thats what im looking for in an amp, calirty, defintion, and while heavy as all hell, i want it to sound natural.

funny, never had a problem with clarity and definition from my mesa, then again i like mids and presence :?

Latest posts

Back