Amp Poll Results are in!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesieBooga

Reaction score
RESULTS:

Amp 1 Mahagany Simul-Class IIC+ with 4 6L6 STR440's and a Chinese 12ax7 in V1
16% [ 2 ]
Amp 2 Blonde Simul-Class IIC+ with STR415's and STR EL34's with a Philips NOS 12ax7 in V1.
25% [ 3 ]
Amp 3 Non-SimulClass (!) :shock: Long Head with EQ and Reverb. Has a NOS Mullard 12ax7 in V1 and Mesa STR440 6L6's.
58% [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 12

The winning amp has won every "poll" I've put it in including against Diezels, Bogners and Soldano's! In a way I'm bummed out because I have another IIC+ on the way and I will have to sell one of these amps. The Non-Simul-Class would be the one to go... however it won this contest! :shock: :cry: My vote was for #1 btw. :wink:

See, you never know what will work out best. Sometimes a crazy combination of amps, tubes, speakers and guitars gives the best tone. I always try everything. I have a Mk IIB 60/100w, Reverb with EV12L in a black tolex combo cab. I hooked the chassis up to my Mk IIC+ Imbuya cab with EV12L thinking it would sound better (it certainly looks better) and It sounded somewhat thinner with more pronounced mids. So for the sound I wanted the tolex won. I even swapped 12L's just to see and in the end it was the cabinet. Oddly enough the C+ sounded better with the Imbuya cabinet! This stuff is crazy and will drive you over the edge if you don't take a break once in a while. Just ask my wife!! Ha! Anyway, I liked amp #1 the best.

For the amount of difference I could hear a different set of tubes might make it up. I voted for #3 BTW. They were very close.

AMG1 said:
For the amount of difference I could hear a different set of tubes might make it up.
I agree.

Also wanted to caution you about basing a major gear decision upon such an infinitesimal sampling-size poll (likely judged through computer speakers). You're in the best position to decide.

- T

Well.... I have to agree with the poll.... I am 1/12 of the voters, and like #3 best.
So based on this scientific poll of tone gurus and such, since the majority thought #1 sounded the worst, I think you should dump it....I'll take that POS off your hands..I'll even pay shipping.
What the hell, I'm a nice guy! :p
ax. :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back