Am I doing something wrong with my C+'s lead channel...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soundstorm

Reaction score
because I think the Rhythm channel BOOSTED sounds much better for what I play than the Lead channel for overdrive.

I'm not a metal player. I like classic style hard rock sounds.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Try a low lead drive/ lead master setting and get your breakup from the Master volume. WARNING: THIS WILL NOT CHANNEL SWITCH WELL :!: But it might get you into the classic rock tone easier.

Thanks, Joey. But that essentially gives me a single channel amp for my uses.

I run Vol 1 on about 8, and the Lead master on 7-8, Lead drive on 2-3.

Using a boost I can get sort of a three channel amp. But I find for rhythm overdrive, the RHYTHM channel (guess that makes sense, doesn't it) boosted sounds so much better than the Lead. I might keep the lead drive up a little higher and use that for the "searing" type of blues leads. I generally like to use my rhythm tone for lead, since i'm the only guitar in the band and it's a guitar type of hard rock band, I'm usually loud enough in the mix that I don't need a boost to get over anyone...kind of how Page would transition between lead and rhythm live. (at least that's what I'm going for, ha!)

Soundstorm said:
Thanks, Joey. But that essentially gives me a single channel amp for my uses.

I run Vol 1 on about 8, and the Lead master on 7-8, Lead drive on 2-3.

What is the Rhythm Master set at? I play a 'paul and use the tone and volume controls on the guitar a bunch. This comes from my MkI days, you gotta use what is available at the time :wink: .

Try this with Class A and EQ out. Lead channel, just for fun. Everything pulled but the Bass knob.

DSC02115.jpg

Ok, I'll give it a try just for fun. But my C+ is the 60 watt version...no class A. Also, we have a lot of quick transitions from overdrive to clean or vice versa that I can't do with the guitar's volume knob.

Also, I'm still interested in the dual Thiele setup. What else can you tell me about it? Does it sound better than your average 4x12?

Soundstorm said:
Ok, I'll give it a try just for fun. But my C+ is the 60 watt version...no class A. Also, we have a lot of quick transitions from overdrive to clean or vice versa that I can't do with the guitar's volume knob.

Those quick transitions would make me want to buy another C+ to A/B with. :eek: :lol:

Soundstorm said:
Also, I'm still interested in the dual Thiele setup. What else can you tell me about it? Does it sound better than your average 4x12?

I don't know about better, but I will say "as good as" if they are EV thieles. And a hell of a lot easier for one person to load/unload.

Back