Ageing my new Mark I

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebpedersen

Reaction score
Hello there,

Recently I've purchased a 15" Mark I combo (hardwood/wicker cane) with all the trimmings (100w/EQ/reverb). I'm super happy with it, the larger speaker really rounds out a Telecaster in a very organic, 'real' sounding way that just can't be achieved quite as nicely with an EQ.

Anyway, I was hoping some of you would be able to help me ascertain a bit more information about it.

It has "09/77" written on the bottom of the chassis in magic marker (I'm guessing that means September 1977?) however I can't seem to find a serial number on the back panel. Where should I be looking and what can I find out from these numbers?

I'm really just checking the age of it. Also, I believe the speaker is an EV (judging by the size of the magnet!) but I can't see any writing on it, so that would be something I'd like to find out too.

Take some pictures and post them. They will help out tremendously.

As requested... I've done my best with a lamp and my phone, hopefully they're of help.

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

The FX loop is a post-production modification.

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

That's "9/77" written just next to the reverb cable.

Anything more specific?

Latest posts

Back