Acoustic Simulator question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leblanc74

Reaction score
What do you recomend for a pedal that simulates an acoutic? It will be true my clean channel from my DR head. I really do not like the felling of a acoustic so I rather have a pedal that will switch my electric guitars to one...thank you for your input...

I never ever heard an acoustic pedal that sounded realistic! You'd be better off putting a power or x bridge into your guitar.

I've heard of people using an eq infront of the amp to simulate a piezo acoustic, but i have yet to try it. I have been able to simulate a single coil sound with an eq (my guitar has humbuckers).

I think I heard Pete Townsend used the Boss acoustic simulator pedal on the last tour. If he did, and it's good enough for Pete....

I've never heard one sound as good as a real acoustic either, but I don't think anyone in the audience is going to say "hey, that pedal doesn't sound enough like an acoustic"...

jab said:
I think I heard Pete Townsend used the Boss acoustic simulator pedal on the last tour. If he did, and it's good enough for Pete....

I've never heard one sound as good as a real acoustic either, but I don't think anyone in the audience is going to say "hey, that pedal doesn't sound enough like an acoustic"...

true.... if you end up trying let me know what you think.

A couple of years ago I bought the Boss acoustic simulator pedal. It actually sounded pretty decent in the store using a strat into a solid state amp of some kind (JC-120 maybe - I don't recall exactly). But when I got it home and tried it through my boogie it sounded really bad. I returned it the next day. I've heard others say the same thing - I just don't think these pedals work well into a tube amp. Just my $0.02.

I have a Boss acoustic simulator. It really isn't that good. It doesn't sound like an acoustic at all - however, for rhythms, you're better off using it than with plain clean tones.

Anyway, I would change to piezos any day.

Sang-Drax said:
I have a Boss acoustic simulator. It really isn't that good. It doesn't sound like an acoustic at all - however, for rhythms, you're better off using it than with plain clean tones.

Anyway, I would change to piezos any day.

Hey, thanks for the responses... I went to the store and tried it out, on a solid state amp, it worked so so.... The store also had a Dual Recto there so I tried it on it and the sound was horrible, only the reverb from that Boss pedal was usable, but barely... I have decided to go with the clean channel on the DR and use an EQ and Micro POG and hopefully it will be ok...

nomad100hd said:
I never ever heard an acoustic pedal that sounded realistic! You'd be better off putting a power or x bridge into your guitar.

I second this. the Boss Acoustic Simulator is good for a paper weight. I had one once and dust collection was the only thing it did well. I switched to a Fishamn Powerbridge, and that thing is great even witout the onboard pre.

I just sold mine on eBay.

At low volumes it was nice. Around the home that is.
In a band setting it was useless.

Opinion = mine

jab said:

actually, his strat is modded to have piezo pickups in the bridge. there's another knob to control the blend of standard and acoustic transducer pickups.

http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/equip-fender-ecstrat.htm

I had a Boss acoustic simulator pedal that I used into my mark iv and it sounded good enough. I ran it a little differently though. On the Mark IV when you're using an external switcher there is what I called "Channel Zero". According to my Boogie tech it's a known state that the factory thought was pretty useless so they never really talked about it. You turn off all three channels. The way my setup worked was I would go to channel zero and run my signal from my wireless through the Boss pedal and into the amp. None of the preamp controls had any effect on the sound. At least that's how I remember running it - it's been a while.

Also have run it straight into the fx return jack - that worked pretty well too.

Still not the real thing but very much useable

Latest posts

Back