A new proud owner....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinderik

Reaction score
I just got my DC-3 in the mail, and I have the biggest smile ever, love this amp. I had a couple of questions though.

1) the Out put volume knob on this amp is the same size as the rest of the knobs. I have seen photos of other dc-3's where the output knob is bigger. Is this normal?

2) The eq assign switch on the back of the amp is a 4 way toggle and not a knob like i have seen.

I'm just asking these questions because I got it from e-bay and I'm a worry wort. This amp is in pristine condition though and I got the assembly card with it and everything. Amp sounds like two angels had a child, but the child was made out of wood steel and tubes.

All DC-3 pics I've seen have identical knobs for eq and output controls. I do believe there were at least two versions though. One which say Dyno-Watt on the back chassis (and the PCB says DC 2B 199x), rather than Dyna-Watt.

I would think yours to be this later version, when they introduced the Studio Caliber DC-2 and (presumably) started used the same board for both of the EL84 based models. Also, a 4-way eq assign toggle would indicate a newer amp.

Congrats,I just got a DC-3 combo and having never owned a Mesa before,there has been quite a learning curve but it can really produce a lot of sweet tones.Yours sounds like mine a Rev.B.

Latest posts

Back