A little advice regarding stereo setup (Roadster+Mark V)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbhood

Reaction score
OK, so I'm inspired by the guy on this board running a Mark IV in conjunction with a Roadster.

I currently have a Roadster 212 combo with an Eventide Eclipse running in the loop. I'd like to have a stereo rig running the Roadster and a Mark V (with vertical 212 cab). I'm also running a Digitech 1101 in front of the Roadster as a boost to saturate the distortion, noise suppressor and EQ.

Would using a GCX (with a Ground Control Pro) enable me to do this, running the right output of the Eclipse in the loop of one amp and the left output of the Eclipse in the other? I feel like I'm not really making the most of the Eclipse running in mono, and I love the tones the Roadster/Mark IV guy gets.

Or is this just a ridiculous idea, musically speaking? If so, why?

Any advice is appreciated.

I ran a similar rig for a little. Really cool results, but A LOT to get together.

If you do it the way you stated, you'd only be running one preamp (you'd have to choose...either Roadster or Mark IV)....you then run the send of that preamp into the eclipse, and split the left back into the first amp, and the right into the effects return of the other.

If the eventide has stereo ins, you could simply run it in both loops.

And yes, you could use a GCX to split the signal. Very easy, and works great!

Finally, another idea for you (this is how I did it)...I ran one amp wet, and the other dry...I had two tones, and when I wanted effects, only one amp was running them, while the other was running the dry tone...really cool results, as adding effects didn't degrade my main tone.

Best of luck...once you jump into this stuff, there is honestly an ENDLESS amount of options.

Eric

Thanks!

Yes, the eclipse does have stereo inputs, so I was hoping to run in both loops and be able to use both preamps, and then go out of the GCX into the inputs of the two amps.

I suppose I'd have to get some fancy piece of equipment to get the GCX+ground control to switch channels on the two amps, no?

I'm just trying to figure out, at minimum what I'd need to get, other than the Mark V and Voodoo Labs stuff to make this work.

Greetings!

I have a Single Rec and a MKV. Used a few things to find a sound. Stereo cable out of my JP6, mono into a stereo chorus in to each amp, bought an A/B/Y box and ran both amps. The A/B/Y box was a ticket for me. My sound may be much more simple than most but it is Analog MXR delay in the loop of the MKV, Vox Wah in the front of the V, and the REC runs straight in with no effects on the vintage mode cranked to very high gain and noon bass, 2 mid, 4 presence and treble. I use the solo on the MKV for punching in leads. The MKV is running probably 60% of the volume and both 2x12 cabs are only about 6 feet apart so it blends. I really like the sound and have stopped looking for more effects to get the sound in my head to match my gear. CD's have so much multi-tracking and amp mixing that I could not get close to that sound with one amp one wave of sound. The V, with the analog delay, and then the REC for a complimentary voicing seem much more like that sound I was chasing on a CD. Only being a part time garage band guy, I got much help with finally finding this set-up from the much more experienced musicians on this forum. Once I figure out how to use this BR 4track recorder I bought, I will post some tone samples.

Back