A few of my Mark III settings...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psychodave

Reaction score
markIIIsettings7.jpg

markIIIthicksettings7.jpg

deepheavyMArkIII.jpg

gts said:
dave as you know you've got to turn the BBcode on in your profile for the board otherwise your images won't show up in your posts. granted we can cut and paste into a browser but i'm guessing that was not your intent since you posted with the img coding

Dang. I thought it only effected my view. I turned everything off since I tend to post from work... :wink:

scottcrud said:
cool, do you like that Hetfield eq thingy on the third one?

Yeah, the tone is very cool. The mids have to be cut like that to get the needed clarity. I think it is one of my favorite settings. It is VERY close to Metallica's sound.

Well, I've already told you I like your Thick setting a lot. It's like the best blend of every world as far as feel, sustain, rhythm and lead are all concerned. It's a very awesome setting! I just wanted to give you props in public!

Dale

:?: I wonder how that 3rd EQ profile will work with my DC-5? I'll try it tomorrow! :twisted:

I tried that third setting with less treble (7) and more pres (5) and liked it a lot, then I put it back to my old settings with the eq set like your thick setting and the amp didn't cut through as well as your third eq setting. I'm gonna try it out in the studio on the 4th of August...

scottcrud said:
I tried that third setting with less treble (7) and more pres (5) and liked it a lot, then I put it back to my old settings with the eq set like your thick setting and the amp didn't cut through as well as your third eq setting. I'm gonna try it out in the studio on the 4th of August...

Very cool. I am going to try these settings tonight. 8)

One thing to keep in mind, I have a lot of cabinets, and these settings were all made with Mesa 4x12 halfback cabs with either 4 C-90's or C-90s and Vintage 50's. :wink:

gts said:
What Guitar? What Pick-ups?

I can't help but think how these too will affect how your settings work.

I use Les Pauls and Jacksons... all with Duncan Distortions in the bridge and JB's in the neck. I am actually getting rid of my Jacksons.

I'm using a slant 4x12 with celestion centuries, a custom built Mockingbird (mahogony body, Fender style hardtail bridge, maple neck, ebony board) and a WB custom "Hell" bridge pickup. A Robin Raider (swamp ash body, floyd trem, maple neck rosewood board) with WCR Iron Mans...

Latest posts

Back