90% there...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was commenting on the Petrucci rig not your modest rig SFW...

Russ: ok. Gotcha.

PeeMonkey: I have an AmpGismo on the way to handle midi switching. At the moment, I have the Mark IV switcher and a midi footcontroller on the floor. It's kinda a pain, but I'm getting use to it. It'll be nice once I can controll the entire rig with one unit.

cool, i just ordered the 10 space version of your rack , hopefully it won't be too big for my car hehe. at least its nice and shallow

that petrucci rig is pretty ridiculous... there are 5 amps in there, all of which are capable of making at least 2 separate sounds each. i've heard DT's live cds and seen them live 2 times back in 2000, and all of his lead sounds sound alike to me, sounds like he's just going for the saturated boogie lead sound, which he could get just from the mark IIc+ in his rack. he should take everything out ampwise except for the triaxis and the dual recto. (of course that pic is from an old rig ... god knows what hes using now)

I am glad to see that there are others out there with common sense and can see the redundancy and overkill going on there.

Of course, 2 amps (1 for the clean and 1 for the lead sound) should be enough for every pro musician... as long as they would never go down in the middle of the concert.

Some of those guys can afford to carry a spare amp to back up each of their working amps and save them from unexpected embarrasment on stage.

I also read that Carlos Santana even includes in his rig a Mark IV just dedicated to be used by potential guests.

Having said this, I agree that some rigs look ridiculous... but just from our point of view.

Russ said:
I think some people's rigs are ridiculous....

To me he sounds the same whether he's playing straight into a RK or that wall of rack equipment. He truly is pne of the greatest ever, but those rigs are insane. Knowing his playlists, I think he needs all that stuff to get through the set. He did it to himself !!!! But, then again, he does not have to carry it so what why not!

Here is half of his current rig.

tot_rig_front.jpg

I think the bottom right drawer is a small cooler for his Evian.

Maybe there wasn't enough room in the rack for a Hush?

Latest posts

Back