9 little known tone facts

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RR said:
little known facts ...

All those LA Glam Rock Bands 80s such as Warrant, Stryker, Motley Crue, Ratt, Dio, Slaughter, Firehouse etc ... whether spandex or jeans, eye-liner or no eye-liner, make-up or no make-up ... are all the same band.

Not the Dio from one of my favorite Sabbath albums! LOL. Heaven and Hell is kick ***!

BTW - Most probably know this already but Dio died last week. RIP

Riff Blister said:
I just read on another forum that the gauge of your guitar strings should be equivalent to your shoe size.
Size 9 shoes = 9s, Size 12 shoes = 12s.
At least that's what the OP was told by a Guitar Center employee. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

lol yeah Guitar Center employees know everything about everything..

oh btw any one wanna buy the Brooklyn Bridge..cheap? :lol:

If you get the perfect line-up and make a killer band, someone's ego will definitely screw it up. (usually the singer) :x

not really a tone fact, but lack of making tones fact :?

#806.
Whenever anyone says anything about Metallica's rocking tone someone will always pipe up with "they only sounded good for like 11 minutes in 1986, dude". :roll:
#807.
Whenever anyone says anything negative about Petrucci someone will take it personally and freak the f*ck out. :cry:

Turumbar82 said:
boatright said:
9. I know there's only 3 db of difference between a 50 watt and a 100 watt, yeah yeah yeah... Whatever. 100 watt amps are louder. Decibels are irrelevant. BUT, an efficient 50 watt head will compete with an inefficient 4 tuber.

Disagree

'Tis true.

It's why a Vox AC30 with Celestion Blues can compete with a 100w Marshall loaded with G12T-75s.

There is Bedroom Gain, Gig level Gain, Studio Gain, and Guitar Center Gain.
Made in the "80's" IS Vintage.
A $300.00 speaker cord will make you sound better.
Electrical shocks to lead singers can be part of the show.

Guitar store tone rules: :D

If somebody comes into a guitar store and says. " I only thing I'll ever play is my PRS (whatever) and my Mesa (whatever current model)" They can't even play "little black egg" (those under 50 substitute Ironman) with a gun to their head.
If someone comes in and wants to to talk about NOS bugle boys for more than 30 sec.They can't even play "little black egg" (those under 50 substitute Ironman) with a gun to their head.
If someone comes into a guitar store and says " I'll only buy a (any make and model here) guitar if it is in an unopened box. They can't even play "little black egg" (those under 50 substitute Ironman) with a gun to their head.
If someone comes into a guitar store and asks about fret board radius of a guitar before they pick it up and play it
They can't even play "little black egg" (those under 50 substitute Ironman) with a gun to their head.

All right, I'll participate.

although this is not a tone fact ...

It pays to be intelligent.

Sperm banks will pay more to person with a hi IQ.

Could you imaging? you're smart and someone is paying you to 'beat off' and they supply you with the magazines. :lol:

#907: the pointier and more physically dangerous the guitar the louder and heavier the tone.

#908: guitars only sound good live if you are using atleast two 4x12's, even if its a small bar that only holds 50 people max.

Back