50 caliber + vs Dual Caliber DC-5

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

futurestar

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these two side by side? Other than the totally seperate channels, are these both voiced pretty much the same? (I'm referring to the heads, not combos).

i haven't ever played a dc series amp... but i own a studio22+ (same preamp as .50 cal), studio22+ to me sounds similar to mark series (think metallica AJFA and MOP) and IIRC they (m/b) stated that the dc series has the lead channel similar to rectos.
That's all i can help :D

I have a Subway Rocket, which is somewhat closer to the older calibers. I need a 12" speaker, graphic EQ and a bit more power, so I am searching for a DC-3 or a DC-5. I am afraid the old calibers won't be suitable, as they do not have the silent recording feature (or do they?). I like the tone of the little amp. Maybe, if I save a bit more money, I could buy a Mark IV combo...

Now I have a rackmount DR, it is my main gig amp, I rarely touch the settings on it and it is really heavy to lug around, so I figured out a second Mesa would be the solution - but not another DR, but something closer to the Mark series.

i just used the recording out on my Dc-5 and engaged the Speaker mute switch on and it sounded great. I mean for demo-ing songs out it really sounds thick and nice. I wouldn't recomend it for serious production but for just small time demo's it should do the trick.
Matt

Last weekend I have used my Rocket in a studio - first time for rehearsing with a 1x12 external box (the other guitarist has a DR. I have one too, but I was too lazy:) and then for recording a scratch track with the drummer (with muted speaker). It is nice to have such a feature, it really saves time.

Volume was just enough, but I like to have some reserve in power.

Latest posts

Back