50 caliber question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just started thinking about the DC series. I saw a DC-5 on ebay that has the old style toggle for power and stand by instead of the long push button style.

Are there any revisions worth mentioning in the DC series ? THanks

Paul Secondino said:
I've just started thinking about the DC series. I saw a DC-5 on ebay that has the old style toggle for power and stand by instead of the long push button style.

Nice thread hijack :p All the DCs I've ever seen had the toggle switches. The difference lies in the back. Old ones had a rotary switch to toggle the EQ footswitching. The newer ones have a toggle. That's all I've really noticed, not too much of an expert ;)

I've got 6550's in mine...but it's been modded heavily. You CANNOT just pop in EL-34's you can do damage to your amp. I believe any competent amp tech could change the resister or what ever the mod is necessary to put 34's in.

Calamity said:
Paul Secondino said:

Nice thread hijack :p All the DCs I've ever seen had the toggle switches. The difference lies in the back. Old ones had a rotary switch to toggle the EQ footswitching. The newer ones have a toggle. That's all I've really noticed, not too much of an expert ;)
I believe the 1st versions had rocker switches on the front. I *think* there's 3 "revs" of the DC's.

Fxrs said:
Calamity said:
Paul Secondino said:

I believe the 1st versions had rocker switches on the front. I *think* there's 3 "revs" of the DC's.

There are 3 distinct versions of the amp. The first version has black rocker switches for power/standby. The 2nd and 3rd versions have the silvermetal toggle switches. The 3rd version can be distinguished from the 2nd version by the lack of small red and green led lights to the immediate right of the input jack. 2nd version has 'em, 3rd doesn't. 3rd version also has a feature where you can run just the preamp, and leave the power amp off and use the built-in headphone jack or recording out jack.

There is also a difference in the assignable EQ, in that on the third version, it has a pseudo "programability" function, in that if you flip the mini toggle in the back in the downward position (Lead only), it will "remember" (for lack of a better term) the status of I/O for the next time you switch back to Lead from clean.

This is just an overview. If anyone has specific questions about these, let me know, maybe I can help. :)

i am running the standard Mesa "black shadow (?)" 12" in the combo, then I have a 1/2 back 1x12 extension cab that i hook up. it can run both together which is how i do it when i want to push more air ... extension cab has the same speaker

Latest posts

Back