.50 Caliber got heavy tone?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundpurist

Reaction score
Is this true this amp can get an heavy crunch?...i mean heavy, i don't imagine a recto tone but is somebody thinking it can be good for solos (with a punchy mid?) it's very hard for me to imagine maybe somebody got a clip? Thanks.

Yes. Ive got a Recto. DSL50, 5150, and a .50 cal +. Im a Metallica/Slayer/Megadeth hack, and if I could only keep one it would be the .50 cal +. I say it over and over, but it is one hell of an aggressive amp. I cant speak for the regular .50 cal with el-84s, but the + with 6L6s is a great amp. I've noticed that the .50+ is more sensitive to power tubes (i.e. tone changes) than my other amps. JJ 6l6s make the amp almost too aggressive, but SED =C= seem to be a perfect match.

I've got one with EL-84's, and no eq. The lead is it's best attribute. If you want lots of saturation, download the manual, and use the "Bedroom metal" settings.
It can also get a nice vintage powertube breakup like Santana. Think "Black Magic Woman".

Latest posts

Back