4x12 w/ V30's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypus

Reaction score
Long and short, yes there are lots of differences between cabs with the same speakers.. construction, materials, etc.

I would go out on a limb and say huge differences.

My Avatar has 2 V30s and 2 G12H-30s and my Mesa has all V30s. Not complete apples to apples with the speakers, but there is a big difference between those cabs that is not just the difference of 2 speakers.
Construction, speaker position, and speaker mounting work a lot towards the equation.

dual rec said:
boogieslide where do u think the avatar stands at against the mesa cab.

Check out the last post I made in the recent thread 'My Battle with my Dual Rec'

I have not done extensive comparisons and actually never ran the DR into the Avatar with the band, which to me is the true test of anything.
In a nutshell It is tighter, but definitely is not as big sounding. I was kind of digging it actually and may try it with the band soon. My singer/rhythm guitarist has been using it since he does not have a cab, but I can switch and have him use the Mesa.
They are good cabs for the price! I got some great tones with both my Tverb and 5150 through that Avatar.

Back