2x12 Vertical Recto Cab or Two 1x12 Widebody (Thiele) cabs?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afinato

Reaction score
So… it's a toss up between the 2x12 Vertical Recto or two 1x12 Front Ported Wide body (aka Thiele) cabs for my Mark V head?

I play a little bit of everything. From clean jazz, country, classic rock, and 80's to present day metal/thrash metal. I like the "oomph" of the Recto cabs and have experience with them. But the versatility of the two 1x12s is appealing.

How does the Wide body 1x12 Ported (Thiele) cab with the C90 sound with the Mark V? Does it have the same bass response? How about the V30 in this cab? Just looking for feedback on these cabs and suggestions… THANKS!

Without a doubt I'd go with C90's over V30's any day. Crank the Mark V, you'll get tons of bass out of either config but you'll get less shrilly top end fuzz with the C90's.

i went with a vert 2x12 for the oomph... and a express 1x12 (open) for more variety... but im not expecting to see this come in for at least 5 weeks... don't know if you can wait that long for another opinion (i know i barely can)

i use a 2x12 recto cab sounds perfect for getting the omph for metal like oh sleeper ,btbam and is versatile enough to exactly mimic the lead tones of guthrie govan and jeff loomis hope that helped

Do the Thiele cabinets have oomph? What's the whole idea with this style of cab? Don't have any in the area I can try out...

afinato said:
Do the Thiele cabinets have oomph? What's the whole idea with this style of cab? Don't have any in the area I can try out...

A ton of oomph, especially if loaded with an EVM-12L 200 watter.

Well... I'm leaning the "Two Thiele Widebody" route. It'll be nice to have the option of lugging only 1x12 around.

Apparently I've got to hear these EVM 12Ls everyone swears by! :D Which leads me to my next question...

If I end up ordering two 1x12 cabs, should I order them with the C90 or the V30? Which will be easier to sell off in the event I go the EVM 12L route?

Latest posts

Back