2x12 cabs differences

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reuveu

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering if some of you have already compared the 2x12 rectifier and the 2x12 roadking ?

if there a big difference of sound ?
according to you what is the best one ?

thanks

The Roadking Cabs combine an open/closed back design and use one V30 and a C90. The V30 gives it that punchy low end while the C90 gives it that open sparkle for cleans.

The rectifier 2x12 is that classic low end punch.

What type pf stuff are you playing? What will you be playing into it? That may help you out here.

In fact i currently use a 2x12 roadking cab with a roadster head.
and I think it sounds fine

Before having the roadster head i used a triaxis with a 50/50 in stereo that's why i bought a 2x12 roadking and i replace it with a roadster to simplify my gear.

now as my head is mono I don't know which one would be the best one.
and i ve never try the rectifier which is not easy to find for me ...

I played a lot of Dream theater, Rush

I have the answer to my question !

thanks to Mesa:

The Recto cabs offer a tighter low end response due to the completely closed back panel. The Roadking 2x12 gives the best of both worlds with an open back which is great for clean tones and more vintage tones where the closed back is great for more modern gain tones. Also, because of the closed back the Recto cab will be a bit more directional thus giving it the feeling of being punchier

Latest posts

Back