2x12 Battle..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fwdftw

Reaction score
So I cant decide between These 2 cabinets Mesa Rectifier 2x12 Or a Framus 2x12 .. I cant hear either of them In person SO...i need Advice!!!

Can't speak for the Framus, but my Recto 2x12 sounds just as heavy as a Recto or Traditional 4x12, just a bit lower in volume. I do have the horizontal model, so I think the floor coupling adds a lot of bass that the 4x12 cab makes up.

Rectifiers were obviously designed around the Rectifier Cab line. You can never go wrong with a Rectifier Cab. I've heard good things about the Framus cabs but you can pick up a used Rectifier cab for relatively cheap.

Lot's easier to move around than a 4x12 too.

clutch71 said:
Lot's easier to move around than a 4x12 too.

Actually, it depends on the situation... the lack of casters or side-handles actually means you have to carry it further. If you can wheel your amp to the stage and/or have a band member help lift, the 4x12 with casters is actually easier to move longer distances.

Note that this is in comparison to the horizontal 2x12... the vertical Recto 2x12 has casters and side-handles, so is even easier to transport. I however prefer the tone of the horizontal model (I've owned both).

I'm looking at options for installing casters on the horizontal 2x12. I know you can order them direct from Mesa, but am having trouble finding what's involved in getting them mounted (I'm a disaster when it comes to building or assembling things).

I've been using a Genz Benz G-Flex with my RK for a number of years and its been great. The ported design sounds good and the top mounted handles make it easier to carry. You can load it into any trunk as its not as deep as the Recto cabs.

I'm really tempted by the 2x12 1/2 open 1/2 closed ported from Limited resistance:

http://www.limitedresistance.com/sinewave.html

LR001%20copy.jpg

I have the Vertical slant recto 2x12 with V30's. It sounds great with my DR. I also have an Avatar Vintage 2x12 w/WGS V30's. That's a killer cab! You should look into the Avatar as well if you're around the U.S.?

phyrexia said:
New production Recto 2x12s have side handles a la the Roadster Combo. :D
Horizontal or vertical? The vertical Recto 2x12 always had side-handles, but every horizontal unit I've seen just has the handle on top. I don't see any mention of side-handles on Mesa's product page, though I notice they appear to have casters now?

sbalderrama said:
I'm really tempted by the 2x12 1/2 open 1/2 closed ported from Limited resistance:

http://www.limitedresistance.com/sinewave.html

LR001%20copy.jpg

thats a pretty neat design.... i wonder how they sound

Latest posts

Back