2 cabs, anyway to delay signal to one ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axwielding1

Reaction score
I have 2 thiele cabs, and run my mark III through them.. Is there any way to delay the signal to one cab, even slightly, to thicken up the tone?
ax. 8)

Separate the speakers, put one on each side of the stage. This will create a kinda stereo effect and due to the distance may sound a bit delayed just from the distance change. Letting the lower end unfold will get you a fatter tone. I've had one cab pointed at me and taken the other cab and faced it toward the back of the stage and this cut seemed to fatten up my tone a bit. Every room is so different, experiment with positioning the cabs. I use a Earcandy Sovereign 1X12 now. This cab has balls that hang to it's ankles. You want thick, this baby is PHAT. My Thiele Cab was great, my Earcandy Cab kicks it's ***....

You could pick up a Mesa Satelite. I think they are 85 watts. It's a stripped down amp to be used as a companion to the Mark IV.

Another trick is to mike the cab and use a direct out to the PA. This will induce a propagation delay and will thicken up the tone. Billy Gibbons does this a lot. It really helps in a 3 piece band.

I realize that you could not use the other cab as a delay, but if you mike them both and run them into the PA (using 1 on each side of the stage), it may thicken it up a bit as well. You could use an extra long cable for 1 side, this will add a little bit of delay and some slight capacitance (very slight).

Latest posts

Back