• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1x12 for Sale to Good Home

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brungio

Reaction score
I'm putting my DC-5 head up for sale UPDATE it has SOLD. I am the original owner since 1997. Since owning it it has had the following Monsta Tone mods:

Mecury OT - makes the rhythm channel get great clean tones
Master Vol mod
Better Distortion mod
Solo boost addition with footswitch

Fully checked out back in 2009 and no issues since.
I use it weekly and it's still a great player. Will come with two Mesa footswitches to channel switch and toggle EQ.

I also have a 1x2 Mesa cab with a WGS Veteran 30 speaker that matches it beautifully.

$325 PP + split shipping gets you the cab Available for local pickup in Boston Will accept trade offers for the 27 inch wide cabinet :D PRICE DROP

Thanks, but I realize that my Tremoverb covers a lot of the same ground and I can dial in the gain better. I'd like to take the proceeds and get a grab and go 1x12 combo.

Trade offers are welcome for a combo. Considering Victorias, Tone Kings, Dr Z and of course Mesa

Here are some pictures to help.

dcstack_zpse480c614.jpg

dcheadfront_zps505f864c.jpg

After tweaking this a bit last night I am having second thoughts (maybe third or fourth thoughts) on selling. With the gain on the lead channel dialed down to around 2 I'm getting a cool overdrive that I thought this amp couldn't do. Gain above 5 and this thing is super thick.

The rhythm channel has a pull boost on the gain which I haven't been using much because I need a clean sound, a slight breakup which I get with a Fulldrive 2, and then a bigger gain setting on the lead channel.

EQ boost can be used as a solo boost but there is also a solo boost circuit in the back.

Like most Mesas, this small package fills the room with a drummer who's bashing and another guitar player using a Bassman 2x15 stack.

I will also ad that this setup is very light and easy to carry for anyone looking for a smaller configuration. I manage to carry the head in one hand and the cabinet in another without problem.

Cabinet is opened back which helps and I think together these together weight less than my Tremoverb head. :shock:

Latest posts

Back