1985 Mesa Catalog for those who want to see it.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol wow, those styles are kickin' rad.

I love the guy wearing the jacket for sale.. that hair is legendary.

they are the same ca7's in my mk III ...str 416 are they any good? the other's are str425 i think they are the 5881...this is a great bit of history...we look back and laugh at how they looked...back then IT WAS COOOL!!!.. i ofcourse wasn't born in 1985...so i can't reallly comment on the fashion stylings of that era...i was a 87' baby...lol

Shep said:
they are the same ca7's in my mk III ...str 416 are they any good? the other's are str425 i think they are the 5881...this is a great bit of history...we look back and laugh at how they looked...back then IT WAS COOOL!!!.. i ofcourse wasn't born in 1985...so i can't reallly comment on the fashion stylings of that era...i was a 87' baby...lol

A half dead Phillips / Mesa 6CA7 Fat Boy would sell for $ 100 each.

Mesa was selling EI preamp tubes in 85'. I always wondered when they did that because I have a handful of them and I had no idea they could have shipped with the MK II C+ and III.

Thanks for the catalog.

Thank you so much for sharing, that's great!
Just a thing: when I went watching one of your images I had a virus alert... don't know if it's just me

I remember saying on this board that the Studio Pre is from the Studio.22 and a lot of people told me that it's not true, that the Studio Pre was from the Mark IIC+. well, since I see in this catalog that they used to call it the Studio .22 Pre. I guess I was right! :D :wink:

<Hmm, my GAS for a Metal Grill cab came back, but this time even harder

I Love these halfback cabs !!! They sound incredible and in my opinion the coolest looking 4x12's ever !
I've owned three of these in the past & just picked another one just recently.
My first one, a slant, had a rectangular horizontal grill with usual Cel/EV setup, my second slant had Black Shadow Celestion MC-90's / Black Shadow EV's 180 watters instead of of the usual 200, unusual.
My third, a RoadReady (indestructable) straight front with 4 EVM-12L 200 watters, talk about monster tone.
My current one is a slant with Black Shadow Celestion MC-90's in open and Black Shadow VINTAGE Eminence 50 watters in closed bottom.

The Eminence are nice and tight with quick response as opposed to the 200 watt EV's that have a lot of projection almost like a PA setup (I Love these drivers)
I love all the different setups and have seen them come in so many different speaker configs, it blows my mind and has become a sort of obsession with me.
There are three of these tanks, yes they're heavy, on ebay right now.

Cheers ! \m/

That catalog wasvery interesting, it's strange to think of Mesa having such a limited product selection, before the days of the Recto's, Lone Stars's, and the F- Series.

The hairstyles are nice too. I remember when I was a kid (I would've only been 12 or 13 years old when this catalog was published), the mullet was considered "high fashion" :lol:

1985 catalog and some were not born yet, or they're 12 or 13; geesh - nothing like making a guy feel old.

I was born for the Mark IV, born in the beginning of '89.

I play a Mark IV(invented in '89) and an Ibanez RG(invented in '89).
:D

thanks a lot, man!
baba.gif

ThunderMonkey said:
There are three of these tanks, yes they're heavy, on ebay right now.

Cheers ! \m/

I'm located in the Netherlands and there's no chance that USPS wants to ship a tank to europe.

And overhere they cost around €750($1000).

Latest posts

Back