16 ohm cab with Simul-Class 2:90

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschaaf

Reaction score
Hi,

I just picked up a used Stereo Simul-Class 2:90 and am wanting to output to a 16ohm 2x12 cab that I have. I am only imputing to channel "A" from my preamp and am wondering if connecting to the "A" output on the 8ohm is ok?

Thanks,
Derek

It says that it's ok to do so in the 2:90 manual but when I hooked up my 16ohm orange 2x12 this way it was blowing up the fuse everytime after about 1hour of playing (even at low volumes) i had to rewire the 16ohm cab to become 4ohm (simple reconnection of cables) ...ever since than it worked fine...

I also disconnect any input to the channel I'm not using if I have it wired on Mono.

UPDATE: Ok, so now I am using (2) 2x12's both are 16ohm cabs and running A & B in stereo and connected to the 8 ohm output. It seems to work great but is there any reason to be cautious or is this fine?

Thanks,
Derek

That´s totally ok and called a "Safe Mismatch"....
Check this thread for further info: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58141

Hi Triaxstasy,

I was just re-reading my post and wanting to make sure that I had worded it correctly...sorry for the redundancy...just want to make absolutely sure I'm good to go :)

Simul-Class 2:90-------Channel A-------8 ohm output-------->16 ohm 2x12 cab

Simul-Class 2:90-------Channel B-------8 ohm output-------->16 ohm 2x12 cab

Thanks,
D.

Latest posts

Back