1 month old Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francric

Reaction score
Hey, is there such a thing as a breaking in period for tubes? Seems like the sound is getting better. Is that possible or is it just my imagination?

If you got your cab with your amp, it's more likely that your speakers have finally broken in a bit.

Hmm, I don't know? I always thought tubes were like light bulbs, in that they had a life-span, where they sound best the 1st time they're powered on, and slowly deteriorate from there! Though ya know, some like the tone of aged strings, whereas some like brand new strings!

Nothing sounds better than brand new tubes..... I agree with Playt, it's probably the speakers getting borken in..... Or maybe you've just learned to dial in what you like better a lot easier?

Same experience here. I bought my roadster and a new 4x12 cab in june. after a couple weeks I was ready to sell...sounded harsh, but decided that I might regret it later so I held on to it. Glad I did! Sounds great now. I think the speakers just needed some break in.

Latest posts

Back