ZOOM G1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maury said:
I uploaded a short sample of my G1 ... I think I'm finally able to correct the digital distortion that I was seeing on the LSC gain channel. Sounds ok now (to me). Constructive comments welcome :D .

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Nso08t8Yjg
Maury

Sounds sweet!
And like CoG said, delay rarely sounds good if it's before the gain stage. Same applies for all time-based fx, like reverbs, echo, chorus, tremolo etc, unless you're going for some crazy sounds

I use the G7 in the loop of my F50. I bought it (wait for it - you'll think I'm mental) because the F50 reverb is CRAP and I love reverb.

I used it infront of the amp to begin with and it sounds awesome in the clean channel but the time based fx fall over in the gain channel. I now use it in the loop just for reverb and chorus.

The fx are actually really good for the price of the unit. Unfortunaely it doesnt haver the looping options for the 4 cable method.

I am considering buying a digitech RP250 or 350 to run in front of the amp for whammy and distortion modelling and wah...(the zoom wah is okay but sounds weird in the loop).

thanks for the suggestions Anomaly.... thanks Mrmot. Doing 3 gigs this week and we'll see if this sounds as good onstage.

Back