Youtube MK2C+ clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
awesome C+ head on youtube
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=oORmhf_KPyg

cream tolex I have never seen on a C+.
Probably a marshall cab he's playing through as I reckon the Boogie cabs react better with the mark series.

Even an awesome amp like IIC+ needs a decent player to prove its worth. JMO.

~trem

soloing tones were good, but I suppose it wasn't just the cam to make the rhythm tones not satisfying.

I thought the cleans and lead were really good, the rhythm was ok but it seems like the camera mic was farting from the bass freqs.. also, don't take this too harshly or something, but you need to work on your vibrato.. not that mine is great by any chance, but when you end a phrase and hold a note or play single notes, it sounds really dull if you don't vibrate the strings :wink:

PassionForFrets said:
awesome C+ head on youtube
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=oORmhf_KPyg

cream tolex I have never seen on a C+.
Probably a marshall cab he's playing through as I reckon the Boogie cabs react better with the mark series.

Back in the 80's when I had my first MKIIC+, 60/100, I sometimes had the use of an old Marshall 4 X 12" cab, loaded with original green backs. It remains as some of the best tones I have ever had. I have a great time mixing amps and cabs. I have made several "detuned" cabs that sound great. My current C+, Simul Class sounds fantastic with my single 12" detuned cab with a Rola Celestion G12-65 and a Marshall 1965B, 4 X 10" cab. I much prefer these sounds to using the built in EVM 12L.

Ew, that video didn't sound good. I hate it when people buy expensive amps and don't know how to set them. :roll:

I just picked up a C+ combo that was actually converted to + in 05 and it sounds much better than this one............I reckon its not a genuine C+ but a copy or something

Boogiebabies said:
I've never heard a C+ sound that bad, or bad period. He did a great job killing that one.

its a camcorder mic, what do you expect?

probably sound better in person.

JimAnsell said:
Boogiebabies said:
I've never heard a C+ sound that bad, or bad period. He did a great job killing that one.

Todd Duane uses a cam corder mic and his tone is incredible.
I expected the guy to have enough sense not to defile the holy grail.

JimAnsell said:
Boogiebabies said:

I think most of my camcorder videos sound good.

psychodave said:
JimAnsell said:
Boogiebabies said:

I think most of my camcorder videos sound good.

Yeah, you can tell that it's the amp set wrong and not just a bad recording. Not enough mid-bass and too much presence.

Latest posts

Back