Your Favorite LEAD TONE in the Mark V...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendog

Reaction score
Post your favorite LEAD TONE that you have found in your Mark V.

Please be specific with how you dial it in.

Mark IV, basically using a tweaked version the 'Workhorse' setting from the manual with the preset knob around 2:00. I think I dial the gain and bass down slightly and the treble up slightly from what's shown in the manual. This also serves as my main heavy rhythm tone. I kick on the solo boost to give a little more volume to single notes and I have a delay in the loop that I engage if the song calls for it.

Channel 3 is in pentode due to me using it as my main rhythm tone, but if I could I'd have lead in triode...

I found a nice tubey sound in Channel 3 / Mark IV / bright / Pentode / Full power .. Gain at 1 or 2 / Master at 11 / Presence at 11 / Treble at 1 or 2 / Mids at 11 / Bass at 1 or 2 .. no GEQ or Preset .. Output at 10 or 11 .. Reverb at 11 if you want to keep straight to the amp .. for playing around 12 fret or higher with the bridge pickup, with the neck pickup sounds smoother

rika_gd said:
I found a nice tubey sound in Channel 3 / Mark IV / bright / Pentode / Full power .. Gain at 1 or 2 / Master at 11 / Presence at 11 / Treble at 1 or 2 / Mids at 11 / Bass at 1 or 2 .. no GEQ or Preset .. Output at 10 or 11 .. Reverb at 11 if you want to keep straight to the amp .. for playing around 12 fret or higher with the bridge pickup, with the neck pickup sounds smoother

How loud would you consider this to be? I am not able to try these right now as I am not home. But just looking at where you have the master and output this would be blistering loud. My band-mates would give me the stink eye. haha

Yeah..its quite loud LOL but you can use the Output at 9 / 10 and it will work fine and not too loud :wink:

Channel 2>mark I mode (switch to thick)>>Gain 1:30>> Master 12:30>>Presence 11:00>>treble 1:30>>Mids 11:00>>Bass 8:45>>output 10:00>> reverb 12:00>>eq off>>>>>>>>>>>90Watts>>>variac power. depending on the song i used a RC booster or a wampler ecstacy for pushing amp...........

Love this amp :wink:

I find Thick very In Your Face, it´s like less organic than normal (to me)

Back