• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

You guys think this is a SCAM??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiteboarder

Reaction score
Hmmm. Seems like a scam to me. Curiously enough, it's from Brazil too...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-2x12-lone-star-N-mint-item-are-in-Arizona_W0QQitemZ250431719313QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a4ee4c791&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

Sounds fishy too me.

"i'm paypal verifield,and you are safe to bought

when you win action,my friend send for you in very good package"

Uh, I don't think that I'd buy it :)

Definately sounds fishy to me!

beachjammer said:
"i'm paypal verifield,and you are safe to bought

when you win action,my friend send for you in very good package"

Uh, I don't think that I'd buy it :)

Definately sounds fishy to me!

Haha. Good catch. If their English is terrible then it's most likely a scam!!

Mork said:
But he's got such good feedback!

A hacked account no doubt...

This is one highly sought after cab. The guy knows what the people want.

I put a "Want it Now" post on eBay requesting one of these cabs. It's proved to be a waste of time. All I get is emails from scammers trying to sell me one of these outside of eBay. Shame on them.

Heh. Dat be some fishy action.

I'm guessing it's a scam. If interested, I'd ask his 'friend" to take a pic of the cab with your name on it and a newspaper from the city he is claiming to be residing in, just to verify that it's 1/2 legit. That still wouldn't guarantee it's non fishiness.

I've bookmarked it to see what happens :)

Jacko123 said:
Heh. Dat be some fishy action.

I'm guessing it's a scam. If interested, I'd ask his 'friend" to take a pic of the cab with your name on it and a newspaper from the city he is claiming to be residing in, just to verify that it's 1/2 legit. That still wouldn't guarantee it's non fishiness.

I've bookmarked it to see what happens :)

Nah man, I wouldn't touch this one with a 10 foot long eBay virtual pole.

Due to the nature of the auction, if it's actually legit, it will sell for far less than most other auctions. But the risk is just not worth it to me.

Totally bogus and what do you mean good feedback? I see 0 feedback for the guys name. I'd contact ebay and warn them there might be a fraudulent auction going on and see what they could do. If it stays low (lets say 10 dollars) maybe you could still try to bid on it and see if the guy will contact you.

beachjammer said:
Mork said:
Mork said:
But he's got such good feedback!

A hacked account no doubt...

No he hasn't, I was being ironic!

Did you mean "sarcastic"? :wink:

Oh yes, that would be it!

Elixir said:
Totally bogus and what do you mean good feedback? I see 0 feedback for the guys name.

See sarcasm reference! :D

You know how the saying goes- If it looks too good to be true......

Given the import taxes, guitars, amps, etc... cost roughly double US what they do in the US. Then you would have to deal with a shipping charge that would run into the hundreds of dollars as well as import duties in the US.

There was a topic about this on Harmony Central not too long ago and anyone dumb enough to fall for it gets what they deserve.

Chadd said:
Given the import taxes, guitars, amps, etc... cost roughly double US what they do in the US. Then you would have to deal with a shipping charge that would run into the hundreds of dollars as well as import duties in the US.

There was a topic about this on Harmony Central not too long ago and anyone dumb enough to fall for it gets what they deserve.

True... But the possibility that this is what happened to the seller (before be decided to sell) does not increase the odds that this is legit. At least not by a lot.

I sent the seller a message through ebay, telling him I live in Phoenix (which is true) and offering to buy the cab directly and pay cash and pick it up. It would be interesting to see if/how he responds.

marzzz said:
I sent the seller a message through ebay, telling him I live in Phoenix (which is true) and offering to buy the cab directly and pay cash and pick it up. It would be interesting to see if/how he responds.

My guess is that he won't respond or he'll tell you he requires paypal then you can pick it up or something shady like that...

MusicManJP6 said:
My guess is that he won't respond or he'll tell you he requires paypal then you can pick it up or something shady like that...
Well, I did get an answer back almost immediately:
i don't know,need combined with my friend,but not is phoenix,was my error,see my anounce,to correct city,what is your price?if good,i combined and you mark hour and pay to my friend and cabinet is your
According to his auction, the item is actually in Prescott Valley, which is about an hour north of Phoenix (but certainly worth the drive). But at the least, he does seem amenable to a deal. I have a LSC 2x12, I don't really need another cab but I would be tempted by a deal....

I wrote him through ebay as well and I asked him for his "friend's" phone # so I could deal directly through him and he gave me some bull$#!* about waiting til after the "action". Too cheesy even if it is legit.

There are SO many scams going on right now for multilpe reasons, you should be leary !

L8R

Latest posts

Back