you guys see this? mark IVa in atlanta

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll only cost you another $800 to get her back into action. :lol:
I would never buy an amp in that condition.

I was the lucky son of a ***** that picked it up.

I'll let you know how much it costs me to fix, right now I'm looking at 8 knobs and pots to replace + 3 slider caps

if it costs me more than $200 I'll be amazed, but either way the amp is 100% functional!

sweet, did you get it for less than $600? if you replace the pots yourself, you may have a mark IVa for well under $750... the tolex doesn't look that bad. It was a risk, but looks like you will be rewarded. I'm sure the chassis is nice and clean inside. pics?

scott

zodiac272 said:
sweet, did you get it for less than $600? if you replace the pots yourself, you may have a mark IVa for well under $750... the tolex doesn't look that bad. It was a risk, but looks like you will be rewarded. I'm sure the chassis is nice and clean inside. pics?

scott

I actually traded a guitar for it...don't know if that makes it a good deal to you guys or not, but to me it equals out great and I'm happy about it. I'll miss the guitar, but it's not every day I have the shot at a amp (much less a Mark IV) that would otherwise be completely out of my reach.

tolex isn't bad, the corners on the top edge are the worst. I'm not sweating the tolex because I'll be gigging it so keeping it PRISTINE isn't really an option for me.
But, I fully intend on replacing the knobs and pots.

so far everything I've looked at on the chassis has been pretty freaking clean. I haven't cracked her open yet but I'm willing to bet it's pretty clean in there too. dude said it was just sitting in his closet for a while and figured why not.

upon removing the chassis I will be taking pics. might even document the repair process...but that's still a few weeks out.

oh, and the only BAD news is the footswitch is completely useless. I'm going to try and trouble shoot it this weekend, so if you have an resources for that, please pass them on. doesn't seem to be much info on here :(

anyway, I am by no means trying to gloat or "rub it in" but man, what a killer deal. I couldn't be happier with my sound.

do you think the interconnect for the foot switch is bad? it's fixed to the switch, but connects to the amp right? maybe the bend at the footswitch got abused and shorted

scott

Thanks, so far so good. Still troubleshooting the FS.
Not in a big hurry to replace the knobs/pots anymore. I adjust everything and I was able to mark the shafts so that I can see, pretty accurately, where the it's set.

sounds great...just waiting for the rackmount to come in now :)

Latest posts

Back