Yngwie Sound

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Can I get a YJM kind of sound out a Electradyne? or should I be looking more towards a Stilletto? I really liked the electradyne from what I heard from the guy in the Guitar Shop doing the DEMO!

I play YJM strats and I got a good feeling the ED will be a GREAT fit!

Any experience?

Sorry dude but yngwie and mesa are on the opposite ends of the tonal spectrum. I had a stiletto and am a big fan of malmsteen, but no yngwie tones in there.

However there plenty of good tones for shredding in the stiletto with a little clean boost in front. If you are dead set on the malmsteen tone why not go for the marshall YJM head. That's pure yngwie and some reviews say it's one of the best marshalls ever built.

Check it out

Hope this helps

I dont exactly want the EXACT Tone to malmsteen.. but I am chasing a Nice Mid-Gain Malmsteeny Tone.. not exact.. I get a kinda malmsteen tone with my mark V and my YJM strat

I think I might go an electradyne instead of a stiletto.. but the Stilettos do look great..

Run a Delay in the Loop and I'll Be laughing!

so at this stage im 30/30/30 on 3 amps, stiletto duece, stiletto trident & electradyne!

Guess I gotta do a little bit more research

I think the ed is a better choice. I liked the stiletto but I wanted the mark voice so I went with a mk 4. I think the ed sounds better than a stiletto.

I thought you might get some info from an ED owner who knows by now. I'm not all that familiar the Yngwie tone, but I do know he is famous for his Plexi Marshalls.

The ED is the best Mesa for Plexi tones.

I'm not saying that the ED is exactly like a Plexi, it's not, but it does have that ballsy and raw character down. I'm sure if you put them side by side you would hear the heritage easily. I'm often surprised when I play along to a CD track that features an old Marshall how similar the tone is.

The Stiletto is more modern sounding to me, perhaps starting in JCM800 teritory and moving forward. I have heard some Outragous tones from the Stiletto, but that amp didn't work well for me. I choose the ED mainly for its vintage origin that moves into the hotroded zone.

If you didn't want or need the other half of the ED which is the Fender Blackface type clean, there is still a reason not to get that YJM signature Marshall. The ED can still get great tone at a decent volume level.

Can you try out an ED ? if so, take your Strat and your DOD 250 and give it hell. Let us know what you find :lol:

Latest posts

Back