yet another lonestar thread

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotspine

Reaction score
hi,
my first post after being kindly redirected here from the taylor guitar forum. i am looking at buying a lonestar and apart from having had extensive play with a classic 2x12 in a local shop, i was trying to find out generally what others who have tried the amp have thought. i have read the threads below and noted the comments however i still have a couple of questions that remain unaddressed. does anybody have any experience with an a/b with the special and does anybody have any conclusions regarding any sonic difference between the 1x12 and the 2x12 classic? i have not been able to try these out for myself.
also of course any further comments on the amp in general would be welcome.
for the record, i currently have a marshall bluesbreaker, a marshall 2x12 2104 jmp 50 and a peavey classic 30. i would be getting rid of all of these in favour of the lonestar so i want to be as sure as i can be that it is right.
my guitars are a 1963 strat, a 1982 335 and a 2002 333.
many thanks in advance.

Scotspine,

I work at a Mesa Dealer so I've played a bunch of the Lone Stars.
I also own a 212 Classic.

(The Lone Stars are 100/50 watt, switchable)

Before I bought mine I had only played the 1x12, but wanted a 2x12 for keeping up with my band.

The difference I noticed immediately was that at lower volumes the 1x12 seems to have more bottom end an the drive channel has an easier, sweeter break-up at a lower percieved volume. It kind of freaked me out when my 2x12 arrived because I was used to the bottom end response of the single, which IS there in the 212 but I think it seems less because you're dividing it by two speakers instead of pushing it into one.

I just played an outside gig with my 2x12 and let a friend play through it so I could go listen. The Lone Star cuth through the best out of the other amps that were there (classic 50 4x10, & something else too.).

The 1x12 would do well too but I wanted to push more air.

Then there are the specials, but I gotta get ready for work.

LSS

**** good amp. Does a lot more than a Bluesbreaker can. I love Bluesbreakers thoguh.

You can not go wrong with this amp. I've got the 1x12 combo and love it. It does have a bunch of bottom end but when I changed to EL34's that changed dramatically.

I love this Lonestar amp and its my Number One Amp.

The really cool thing about the LS is it has a plethera of combinations to choose from tone wise but still is very simple and easy to use. Mesa Boogie really did some major homework on this amp. :D

Latest posts

Back