• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT Mesa Mark IV for Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slayer44

Reaction score
Its a shot in the dark, but would anyone want to trade a Roadster for an Exc condition MK IV short head Rev B w/footswitch?

Im really torn on whether I want to get rid of the Mark IV, but I may bite on the right deal for a Roadster.

I have a roadster head I bought in May. It's spent all of its life in a road case and still looks mint to the eye. Low hours on the tubes and the only thing that shows wear is the footswitch. What condition is your mark IV in? Where do you live?

BTW for others about to reply...DIBS!

Ill get some pics up sometime tonight. I live in Louisiana. I just replaced the tubes, and its it excellent condition. I was about to purchase a 2nd Mk IV as a backup for gigs (and I actually did, but the ebay seller never shipped the amp, and I disputed and got my money back through paypal) when I went to a friends house who had a Roadster, and was really impressed with it.

right on, I live in Montana, I heard a krankenstein last night and it rocked...how does the roadster compare to the MKIV? honastly? i couldnt get a tight, defined enough sound out of my roadster

100_4545.jpg

100_4548.jpg

100_4549.jpg

Hey, thanks for the pics, you're mark looks about as cherry as my roadster. When did you purchase this? my roadster still has warranty coverage as well. I'll post some pics later tonight. So what don't you like about the Mark IV? Have you played a roaster yet? What did you like better about the roadster?

The Roadster had a 'big' sound. Ive always been partial to Rectos (as you can see I have a SR too). The Mark is tighter and more aggressive. My brother and I play in a band together, and he usually plays a Mk III BS, and the Single Recto matches up good with that. The Roadster is THE recto in my book. I dont know if either is better really, each do what they do better than any other amp. Id probably regret getting rid of the mk IV, but right now I just have Roadster gas.

alright man, well my amp is in mint condition, it looks like yours is in mint condition too (I wouldn't be interested unless it looks flawless). I bought mine for $1999.99 in may, and it still retains the warranty. when did you purchase yours? warranty? I also have a road-case I'd be willing to throw in for some cash or if you handled all shipping. We're still in the early stages I think.

Latest posts

Back