• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT: Mark IV A Custom Combo for Mark IV Short Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_fender

Reaction score
Hey All,

I've got a beautiful '91 Mark IV A Compact Combo in creme/wicker grille with the 200 watt EV speaker. It looks fantastic, works perfectly, and sounds amazing. I love the amp, but not the EV or open back combo cab. Just not my style. I like the amp much more through a closed back cab. I'm looking to trade it for a Mark IV Short Head that is in great shape. Let me know if your interested.

Here's the pics:

DSC01013.jpg

DSC01015.jpg

DSC01018.jpg

DSC01016.jpg

DSC01019.jpg

Where are the footswitch mounts? Was that built for a Mark IV? Looks more like a Mark I- Mark III cabinet to me. Not that it is a bad thing. I kind of like the look. Why not just get a short head cabinet and keep that cabinet? It would be cool to take a rather plain jane Mark anything else and slap it in there. You could probably make some money on it too being that cabinet is more expensive than the head cabinet to begin with.

sig question...

one legged in front or back?

I am assuming that its name is Hopper? or Pogo? :lol:

Hey Russ, I noticed that it didn't have the footswitch mounts when I bought it, but I didn't care since the FS stays on my pedalboard anyway. The FU-3 fits right in the spot where it supposed to go, so I suppose the mounts could be drilled in easily enough. The vinyl is the Cream Bronco and it's in fantastic shape. It has the Sus-4 mounting system for the chasis too. The speaker is in great shape and although it's not my style, it does sound great. It has the big Howard fan in it and the reverb tank sounds great too. The only real flaw with the amp is that one of the lower rear corner protectors is a little dinged in on the bottom, but it's still tight and strong. It did its job in protecting the vinyl and wood and is barely noticable. This really is a great amp. If I didn't prefer a Mark IV head and closed back cab, I'd most definitely keep it. However, it's too heavy to haul around if I'm not going to use the internal speaker at all. That's the only reason I'm willing to part with it.

As for the sig. I'm not sure which leg it is. I'd guess back left. I think his name is probably Speed-Bump. Not sure where I got it. I think my Dad or used to say it or something. Maybe from a movie. I don't recall. It just makes me laugh to visualize this whenever I'm getting frustrated with something. :lol:

Back