• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT Blue Angel for Rectoverb or Maverick???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I keep thinking about it and I just might end up trading the Blue Angel to somebody for a Maverick.

I really hate pedals. No matter how incredible the cleans are on the Angel, I just can't get used to using pedals.

I've been talking to Stratoquack about trading for his Rectoverb. If this does not happen, I am definitely looking to trade it to somebody else.

I want an amp with incredible cleans and a great distortion channel. I guess I like just the right amount of Bells & Whistles, but not too many.

My Blue Angel has all new tubes and a 70th Anniversary Celestion Heritage 30 speaker.

Everything works incredibly well.

The Treble knob has a bit of scratchy sound, but contact cleaner will get rid of that in a heartbeat.

Looking to trade for:
Rectoverb combo
Maverick combo
Heartbreaker head or combo

Any interest????

Pics have been sent.

Like I said, Stratoquack has 1st dibs. He is supposed to call me after Christmas and let me know if the trade is on for his Rectoverb.

If he doesn't want it, I'm open for any of the trades that I mentioned.

HEY I HAVE A RECTOVERB COMBO ,WANT TO TRADE FOR GOOD COMBO,I DON'T KNOW IF YOUR AMP WOULD HAVE SOUND I WANT.....

The name says it all, Blue Angel. If you like Vintage tones with great Reverb and serious soul, this is a great amp.

It sings and cries, but it's not what I'm looking for. I have a Blackface Fender Pro Reverb that covers all of the Fender and Blues tones that I need. I need an amp that has some Recto crunch too.

PM me with your email address and I will send some pics.

Here is the Harmony Central review site: http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Mesa%2FBoogie/Blue+Angel+1x12+Combo/10/1

As with all things on Harmony Central, you have to filter through the crap that is posted there.

Here is the Mesa write up on it: http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out_of%20_Production/Blue_Angel/blue_angel.html

I HAVE A SERIES II ,IT'S IN PRETTY GOOD SHAPE A FEW TEARS IN TOLEX ON BOTTOM FRONT ,NOT REALLY NOTICABLE UNLESS YOU LOOK WHICH I DO I'M PICKY.....IT SOUND GREAT ,IJUST BOUGHT A ROADSTER HEAD AND WANT A GOOD BACKUP/PRACTICE COMBO...WHICH THE RECTOVERB IS BUT WANT TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT....

Latest posts

Back